Replacing A Motor

Well Digidat0, I said I'd keep you posted so here it is. I ordered the motor from Amazon.com yesterday and it arrived today. I installed it in about fifteen minutes, took it outside and tested it and waddya know, it flies like a bird with a new wing. Not only that but I didn't have to end it back to DJI for a $198. motor repair and a three or four week wait.

Shipping from Amzon.com to Canada and the cost of the motor was about $48.00 all in. Not too bad I figure.

Thanks for all the help with the motor numbers fellas, you were a huge help.

All the best, and see you when I get back from the hospital.

Bud

based on what you shared, i think that should do it. When doing the repair, just take your time (hope your hospital thing goes well!).

The p3 standard and adv/pro share the same motor/mainboard, the big difference is camera and Wifi vs Lightbridge, but the motors are the same. The key is just making sure you know the right version of the motor.

keep posting if we can help!

Reactions: Digdat0
Well Digidat0, I said I'd keep you posted so here it is. I ordered the motor from Amazon.com yesterday and it arrived today. I installed it in about fifteen minutes, took it outside and tested it and waddya know, it flies like a bird with a new wing. Not only that but I didn't have to end it back to DJI for a $198. motor repair and a three or four week wait.

Shipping from Amzon.com to Canada and the cost of the motor was about $48.00 all in. Not too bad I figure.

Thanks for all the help with the motor numbers fellas, you were a huge help.

All the best, and see you when I get back from the hospital.

Bud
NICE! That's awesome man, glad it all worked out. Thanks for keeping us posted, I love success stories like this! I'd try and make sure to do an IMU calibration as well.

Reactions: Matchlock
Great minds think alike I guess. That was the first thing I did after the motor re&re. It all seems to working really well so I'm heading out to a pals place in the morning just down the road. He's got 8 acres and a zillion trees and a pond.

Thanks again.

Bud

NICE! That's awesome man, glad it all worked out. Thanks for keeping us posted, I love success stories like this! I'd try and make sure to do an IMU calibration as well.

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing