Replacement Aircraft Battery

Reaction score
Bought a replacement battery for my P3. Battery reports fully charged, but controller reports aircraft battery at 0%. My original battery works fine. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Bought a replacement battery for my P3. Battery reports fully charged, but controller reports aircraft battery at 0%. My original battery works fine. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Is this an OEM battery? Many people report issues with non- OEM batteries. This may also depend on your firmware version and so forth.

@i4110peter,
Welcome to the Forum!

"Battery reports fully charged, but controller reports aircraft battery at 0%"

Controller?
The App shows 0%?
So it powers of the Phantom?

Does it start the motors or have you tried? :eek:

Rod

Is this an OEM battery? Many people report issues with non- OEM batteries. This may also depend on your firmware version and so forth.
Here is a picture of the 2 batteries. The one on the left is the original. Is the other OEM?

Attachments

• P3 Batteries.jpg
    P3 Batteries.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 339
I have noticed that OEM batteries list the name of the factory and the city it was made while after market does not.

Last edited:
Reactions: i4110peter
Best source for OEM battery besides DJI? I will go DJI if it is the only way to assure OEM

@i4110peter,
Welcome to the Forum!

"Battery reports fully charged, but controller reports aircraft battery at 0%"

Controller?
The App shows 0%?
So it powers of the Phantom?

Does it start the motors or have you tried? :eek:

Rod
Yes it appears to power up the Phantom. But when I attempt lift off, the controller reports battery at 0%.

I suspect the battery on the right is not an OEM DJI battery but, do you have a photo of the other side?
Here is the other side. I suspect that this is not OEM. The one on the left is the original. Also how can someone read the log files?

Attachments

• other side.jpg
    other side.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
Thanks for that. I just wanted to be sure before commenting more. Based on all of the P3 batteries I've seen and owned, I'd have to say the one on the right is an aftermarket battery, not an OEM product. I suspect that may be why it's reporting differently from the way the OEM DJI battery does. A number of pilots on this site use various brands of aftermarket batteries with different levels of success. So, appparently it is possible to use aftermarket batteries, although all of my P3 and P4 batteries are OEM DJI batteries. Good luck.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Best source for OEM battery besides DJI? I will go DJI if it is the only way to assure OEM

All of the additional Phantom 3 and 4 batteries I've ever bought were purchased new from eBay sellers. As long as you can tell the difference between an OEM battery and an aftermarket battery, you shouldn't have a problem. I've never paid more than $85 US for a new OEM DJI battery in the box. I just purchased two new P4 OEM batteries for $152 US a month ago. That's roughly half the full retail price. It's not difficult to find deals like that if you look for them.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You also have to remember :......If you have a aftermarket battery failure during the One Year Warranty period and your Drone crashes bad !....Dji will NOT repair the drone..I've got way way too much at stake to mess around with a Non OEM battery.......Don't You Too (? $$$$ ?)

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
You also have to remember :......If you have a aftermarket battery failure during the One Year Warranty period and your Drone crashes bad !....Dji will NOT repair the drone..I've got way way too much at stake to mess around with a Non OEM battery.......Don't You Too (? $$$$ ?)
^^^ THIS! ^^^

^^^ THIS! ^^^
Are you posting that its true....a Lots of money invested to mess around with a non oem battery failure during the years warranty period !...I have what i have posted in writing from Dji !

The one on the right is not made by DJI. Want a new battery, order on DJI website. Only use DJI OEM batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic