Replace P3 DJI Backpack Insert with P4 Insert?

Reaction score
I really love my DJI hardshell P3 backpack I have for my Phantom 3 Pro, but now have a P4 and want the same one. I am not a fan of the new soft inserts in the DJI P4 backpack.

I know there are a lot of after market P4 Harshell backpacks that look like they have the same dimensions as the original DJI P3 backpack. Has anyone tried to swap these out or found a replacement P4 insert that will fit the P3 DJI Backpack?

Thanks,

RGecy

I really love my DJI hardshell P3 backpack I have for my Phantom 3 Pro, but now have a P4 and want the same one. I am not a fan of the new soft inserts in the DJI P4 backpack.

I know there are a lot of after market P4 Harshell backpacks that look like they have the same dimensions as the original DJI P3 backpack. Has anyone tried to swap these out or found a replacement P4 insert that will fit the P3 DJI Backpack?

Thanks,

RGecy
Yes I have, my friend. But it was actually easier to shave the sides of the P3 insert. I used a torch and a long knife. I torched the knife so I was good and hot and sliced right threw the foam. It took 20 minutes, mostly because I'm picky.
I found the P3 case on clearance at target for $60.00. It beat $200.00 new.
I also took the original P4 foam box and shaved it down, but it wasn't that easy and required some vehicle wrap to keep it stronger. I wouldn't recommend the second route.
Good luck bud.

I ordered the "Hobby Tiger" off amazon for $54. At that time I had a p3 standard and when I returned it and purchased a p4 I was thinking I wasted $54 . To my delight the p4 fit better as did the remote,batteries,and accessories. Maybe u can interchange the liner or sell ur dji and get a more universal hard shell like the hard shell from hobby tiger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31