Repairs after crash

Reaction score
I recently crashed my P2 and damaged one of the arms badly. Both the shell and one of the ESCs needed to be replaced. To be extra careful, I also replaced the motor (M3) from the damaged the arm. I made sure to get use the correct version of the ESC and motor with the replacements. I repaired everything and did a basic calibration, but when I try to lift off the drone tilts backwards in the direction of M2 and M3. I checked the soldered connections inside and everything seems fine. No matter what, I'm unable to get the drone to lift off straight up.

Can this be repaired or should I just sell it for parts?

Thanks

Last edited:
Noooooooooooo dont sale it......watch your thread...we have many here that are Very Intelligent and i guarantee you that You will get help....To me it sounds like the motors are not right....Before i take any thing apart......I take many close UP pictures of where all the colored wires go....Stay Tuned and You will get a answer really Soon !

Thanks for the advice. I agree that the power output is uneven which likely points to the ESC and/or motors. I tested it multiple times. I find it interesting that, even though I only replaced one ESC/Motor (M3), the drone tilts pretty uniformly to the rear as I increase the throttle. Another thing I should mention -- I tested without the gimbal and camera attached (GoPro was also damaged during the original crash). Perhaps, it's as simple as the weight distribution being off. I can reattach the gimbal and retest, but the GoPro is in pieces and I don't want to buy another one until I know that the drone is flyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
May be You could ask some one for a picture of the crafts insides like yours and be specific what areas you need the pictures of and then you could determine whats wrong....and IF a motor is in the wrong one too !

Update: performed basic and advanced IMU calibration on verified level surface. Performed compass calibration. Bird is still immediately tilting backward upon take off with full throttle. To get a better sense of the exact direction it tilts, I anchored it and could then see that it's tilting downward towards M3 which is the ESC/motor that I replaced. I assume this means that it's not getting the same amount power/lift as the other motors. Attaching pictures. Did I solder poorly? Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_095801.jpg
    IMG_20180815_095801.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20180815_095814.jpg
    IMG_20180815_095814.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 357
  • IMG_20180815_095845.jpg
    IMG_20180815_095845.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 378
I checked the soldering and you did OK....just a note : when the wires were soldered down to the printed circuit board...they should be making a GOOD Contact to the board.to insure a good connection for the amp flow....I hope that you get this drone back in the air asap...sounds like that new motor.is not getting UP to the speed to stabilize the drone evenly on all 4 motors.

I checked the soldering and you did OK....just a note : when the wires were soldered down to the printed circuit board...they should be making a GOOD Contact to the board.to insure a good connection for the amp flow....I hope that you get this drone back in the air asap...sounds like that new motor.is not getting UP to the speed to stabilize the drone evenly on all 4 motors.

yeah you messed up the wiring mate

from the back off the quad looking forward

left arm should go black red yellow starting at motor end
right arm is black yellow red

from the front
left arm is black yellow red
right arm is black red yellow

looking at the picture your rear left arm is wrong it should be the same as the front right

Hope you did a better solder job the second time around and check the power connection to the main board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic