Remote Not pairing with Drone

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I sold a phantom 3 standard that I got under warranty to a friend. It's the standard version that replaced a vision 2 that hit an Ice berg. I flew it once after I got it and it worked perfectly. He took it home and the yellow lights started flashing. I took it back and tried to pair the remote and the drone but it won't work. The antenna's plastic joint is damaged but after a simple disassembly the cable seems fine. I can't find any damage. Could the cable be pulled out where it is crimped? Shouldn't it pick up a signal even without the cable attached right next to the drone? What should I do? He said that he might want his money back and the money I got for the drone went into paying to get it shipped here and getting my advanced fixed...

I really appreciate any help.

Hey everyone. I sold a phantom 3 standard that I got under warranty to a friend. It's the standard version that replaced a vision 2 that hit an Ice berg. I flew it once after I got it and it worked perfectly. He took it home and the yellow lights started flashing. I took it back and tried to pair the remote and the drone but it won't work. The antenna's plastic joint is damaged but after a simple disassembly the cable seems fine. I can't find any damage. Could the cable be pulled out where it is crimped? Shouldn't it pick up a signal even without the cable attached right next to the drone? What should I do? He said that he might want his money back and the money I got for the drone went into paying to get it shipped here and getting my advanced fixed...

I really appreciate any help.

TURN ON RC, THEN COPPER, GO TO DJI APP, HIT CAMERA, HIT TOP APPS TO GO INTO SETTINGS!!!... UNDER ADVANCED SETTINGS THERE'S "set links " push it, then stick pen or anything into hole on side of drone with red light, HOLD until light turns green, drones linked to rc then!!! Been there done that

Reactions: Eve
I belive I saw somewhere that I must toggle the left switch three times to engage linking mode on the standard. Have I really been doing this wrong?

The remote controller can be linked like this or this.

You can try it see if that works but everybody is having this problem right now

Don't panic and definitely do not go out and buy another remote control there is nothing wrong with it or the aircraft when trying to remind the controller back to the aircraft make sure you're in a good open area with no interference and make sure you at least 3 to 4 feet away from the craft at the Control and crafts are too close together it does not seem to want to link

I am having the same issue right now all 3 of my R down with the same issue

So is this a problem with a new update? The guy I sold it to said he updated it first thing.

I would suggest also when calibrating get away from metal, all metal 15-20 ft. Don't know if it matters either but app shows counter clockwise circles but many on utube turn to the right(cw) to calibrate drone comp.

TURN ON RC, THEN COPPER, GO TO DJI APP, HIT CAMERA, HIT TOP APPS TO GO INTO SETTINGS!!!... UNDER ADVANCED SETTINGS THERE'S "set links " push it, then stick pen or anything into hole on side of drone with red light, HOLD until light turns green, drones linked to rc then!!! Been there done that
Thanks a lot, it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic