Remote ID Module Location?

That is an ingenious idea. But I see two issues. (1) I'd be a little nervous with the mount just press fit onto the landing runner from underneath and (2) I think it is going to interfere with the two downward facing sensors located toward the rear.

Reactions: CoreySnipes
That is an ingenious idea. But I see two issues. (1) I'd be a little nervous with the mount just press fit onto the landing runner from underneath and (2) I think it is going to interfere with the two downward facing sensors located toward the rear.
Caught that! I would also definitely zip tie for security

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
Just purchased the Holy Stone RID from Amazon and a matching (3d print) Phantom leg mount from Etsy. Far away from the GPS. Will post test results and pics when they arrive. Have 3 P4Ps so easy transfer and solid attachment is a must.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Just purchased the Holy Stone RID from Amazon and a matching (3d print) Phantom leg mount from Etsy. Far away from the GPS. Will post test results and pics when they arrive. Have 3 P4Ps so easy transfer and solid attachment is a must.
As long as you’re flying recreational! Part 107 modules has to stay with the drone it’s registered to…

As long as you’re flying recreational! Part 107 modules has to stay with the drone it’s registered to…
Reviews claim my Samsung Galaxy A53 will work with my HS RID and most tracking apps. I already installed Drone Scanner that works well on my Air2. The only complaint with this particular rid is inability to see the done in tracking apps on their specific devices. Will see.

Tech...brilliant placement! Have you tested it to make sure it does not interfere with anything?
I have not but I am making a 3D Printed version that cuts down on the unnecessary waste of the original bracket. Details, photos, and .STL file coming soon…

Brilliant Tech! I have sent your photo to a couple that have Phantom 4 Pro's V1 and I configured mine like yours!
Thanks for the answer as to where to place the RID. I could not attach to the front since my registration sticker is there.
Legs were out due to possible antenna problems and it would not fit into my case.
This is perfect.

Looks very promising. I already attached my HS RID to the camera protector like you showed. Works great and fits into my original P4P container. (with RID removed and placed back on the camera). Not concerned about interfering with downward sensors since my flying is usually above obstacles. I almost always hand catch my P4P too.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Good to see the interaction here and great ideas. Perfect use of this forum. Feels great to be finally flying legally after all the hassle. Hope RID helps to weed out some bad apples.. but I doubt it. Anyway, fly safe and enjoy.

Haven't decided where to put mine. Tech did you get your stl file finished?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl