REMOTE CONTROLL WON'T TURN ON!!!!!

Thanks for the tip.
I had seen a lot of way to reset the RC after an upgrade failure, most using a more complicated selection of buttons, but this is the first one that bring some change in the status lamps and show it is not totally bricked.
The combination of C1 / shutter plus power button seems to at least turn on/off the unit. Now I can see on battery LEDs its level and charge progress. It is detected by a tablet (tried android and ios) but the upgrade fails at 0% after the status LED becomes blue and start beeping. Then it turn just off and is back to the original state.
At least it is a big step ahead and hope remains.
EDIT: My status LED color is somehow between green and blue and the RC is GL300C, no way to use USB stick to upgrade the firmware. Time to read the firmware upgrade manual for alternatives.

I made an account just to thank you... Thank you sir!

BINGO, a blue light with a lot of beep, so nice sound this time, the horrible upgrade beeping this time is so good to hear.
Unfortunately it was a so long process that I am not able to really define what steps was followed in details. There was so many forum/threads to read and check, many are contradictory regarding resetting the RC using its buttons. I am sorry, but the following list is only from my remembering of all try/fail stuff, there was 2 weeks vacations in between. Some steps could have been swapped.
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to type all of that out! I just gave my husband the Phantom 3 for his birthday and of course he was so excited to use it right then and then after installing the firmware, nothing would work. I tried every forum, but this post was the only thing that fixed it. Thank you so much!!!

Now it is my turn with this issue. It is on a GL300C.
I tried all the above with no success.
I noticed that there was a noise in the RC (DC/DC switcher I would say). If I disconnect the battery, the noise stop. If I reconnect the battery, no noise but if I press the POWER button, the noise is back but never see any lamp turning ON.

I have the same issue, did anyone find a fix?

I only just noticed the link to show more posts.

Finally!

Dronasons points about the holding the menu option to get that firmware menu and using an iPad have helped me unbrick my remote. Just saved me buying a new one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.