Remote Control 1 antenna broke & shell cracks

Since DJI will not help their customers with DEFECTIVE plastic, I came up with a fix for the Joystick, Return to Home button, Lower case, and dials defects here. There should be a class action against DJI because they have ABANDONED their customers with their faulty products. But here is a $3.00 fix.. but it will take some time to repair
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since DJI will not help their customers with DEFECTIVE plastic, I came up with a fix for the Joystick, Return to Home button, Lower case, and dials defects here. There should be a class action against DJI because they have ABANDONED their customers with their faulty products. But here is a $3.00 fix.. but it will take some time to repair
Who said they will not help their customers? They fixed mine free of charge. Free shipping. It only took ten days coast to coast to get there and back....

Your video says DJI has mandatory updates. You do know that you DO NOT have to update it. Some people are still flying with two year old firmware.

All the Phantom 3 remotes and shells are time bombs.. disposable.. Most people never know that their plastic is cracking in the 1st year, because many people do not use there drone a lot. I heard a screw rattling around at the 8 month mark and my joystick was a little loose.. I thought a screw had just come loose, and heard about the long delays Sending into DJI and people getting charged for repairs because they were told it was operator error, so I thought I could re tighten the screw.. So then it was winter and busy with travels and holidays I did not take it out until 4 months later.. (now 2 months past the warranty) So upon taking it apart to re tighten the loose screw.. I found FOURTEEN PLACES THE REMOTE WAS CRACKED!!
I only used this remote 12 times.. and the return to home button twice. It was never dropped.
THESE REMOTES WERE MADE WITH FAULTY PLASTIC. But I guess you know that, because you sent yours in. Good for you.. but the other countless numbers of people when they find out their Remote Plastic or the Quad shell around the motors has been cracking slowly like a time bomb & contact DJI just after 12 months.. DJI is NOT taking care of their customers. Because they sold the Faulty Plastic and are not owning up to their fatal flaw in design. It is a defective material, thereby a defective product. RECALL THEM!!

Also, they are NOT taking care of their customers when they sell a product, then force their CUSTOMERS to do MANDATORY update (or you can not fly) and remove capabilities.
(Just ask the DJI customers in the City of Washington D.C.)
they are NOT taking care of their customers..

You see this is how it works.. If I bought a car in 1969 and it had NO smog pumps, oxygen sensors or emissions on it..
But then a year later in 1970, the same model car was forced to have these emissions installed..
they did not serve the owners of the 1969 model A MANDATORY "Return your car to Dealer Notice and install these new emission controls, which remove capabilities (Horsepower & resell value) from their previously purchased car! And they certainly did NOT send a signal to disable their car! Or permanently ban them from driving it in their own city!

There are consumer protection laws if you want to do business in the United States. Lemon Laws, products that can be recalled and class action lawsuits. The manufactures are held responsible to their product.
It is HIGH time DJI is held accountable to them. It is a matter of time, because they are NOT taking care of their customers. And people should stop treating their drone maker as "GOD" or something in fear of their response because they don't want to offend the maker of their hobby.

Good corporations just take care of their customers.. many manufacturers have Voluntarily extended warranties to keep their customers.. such as "Boosted" skateboards did last year with their batteries.

I contacted DJI told them that my product started to fail 8 months into purchase, but I thought it was just a loose screw and that is why I was asking them to help me even though I was 60 days past the warranty, and they chose not to.
Then I started examining my Quad and have also noticed the cracks around the motors. (That also happened over time.. because I had read about that problem last year and checked mine out at about 6 months after I purchased.. and I had no cracks at that time. So I thought I had one of the newer shells based upon the serial number.. Nope This was defective product from the start, a Faulty plastic time bomb. and it has cracked. I did not pay over a $1000 for a 1 year rental.
I want my money back or I am going to make DJI Pay. That's how it works here in the USA.

Trashed_DJI_shells_large.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: T3rdEye
Your video says DJI has mandatory updates. You do know that you DO NOT have to update it. Some people are still flying with two year old firmware.
Do you know how to get out of this screen ? Cuz right now I have about 12 flights and I have a Cracked up remote (hopefully fixed now, but I have to test it)
A cracked Quad and a mandatory update that wont even let me fly unless I submit to "mother" China.

upload_2017-4-17_11-56-50.jpeg

Reactions: T3rdEye
Good points. But, if you knew of the problems with the plastic and then heard something loose inside the remote at the eight month mark, you really should have investigated further. That's exactly what happened to me. But the tablet mount on my remote was also getting more and more loose over time. It ended up just falling apart. I waited until I knew that I was not going to be able to fly for a while due to winter and sent it in. It was out and back in around ten days, I didn't worry. I'm sure that it will end up cracking and falling apart again.
I agree, they should be held accountable and recall the bad plastic and extended the warranty on the structure of the plastic.
I also had to send the quad in for cracked plastic. It took about two weeks east to west coast. These stories of long waits are few and sometimes from other countries. Or maybe they have special circumstances that DJI needs to investigate.
As for the updates, you do not have to do them. Even though the app tells you that a update is needed, you don't have to do it. Mine has been warning me that an update is available for months, but I haven't updated it yet and still fly all the time.
As for the car recall references, yes car manufacturers recall and install updates all the time. My car has had its computers updated a few times. Honda(?) had an issue with the SRS system and it was mandatory that it be updated by the dealer for safety issues obviously. It is modern times where updates can be done with firmware and software.

Someone needs a nap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers