Great Experience with DJI repair shop

Reaction score
I want to share my experience using DJI to repair my P4PV2. I printed a UPS label and shipped my drone and remote controller to DJI in Southern California at no expense to me. The drone would not transmit video images due to a burnt power connection at the battery terminal, caused by a battery that swelled and heated only once. It also had a few hair-line cracks after a bump and 2' fall in heavy wind while landing, though I kept flying it for months afterward. The drone arrived and was inspected by a DJI repair person after two days. They sent me e-mail photos of the needed repairs on the drone and a very reasonable quote of $145 to repair it. I immediately paid it with my credit card. The next day they sent me an e-mail stating that the drone had been repaired and would be shipped back to me. I have just received a NEW P4PV2 and a NEW remote controller. I know it is new because it has a different Flight Controller Serial Number. It took DJI just one week to send me back a new drone, RC and new propellers, for just $145. DJI has provided Excellent service, and I am very happy. I am an FAA licensed remote pilot and use this drone for work, in the construction industry, for mapping and site photos and can not afford much down time.

Reaction score
I want to share my experience using DJI to repair my P4PV2. I printed a UPS label and shipped my drone and remote controller to DJI in Southern California at no expense to me. The drone would not transmit video images due to a burnt power connection at the battery terminal, caused by a battery that swelled and heated only once. It also had a few hair-line cracks after a bump and 2' fall in heavy wind while landing, though I kept flying it for months afterward. The drone arrived and was inspected by a DJI repair person after two days. They sent me e-mail photos of the needed repairs on the drone and a very reasonable quote of $145 to repair it. I immediately paid it with my credit card. The next day they sent me an e-mail stating that the drone had been repaired and would be shipped back to me. I have just received a NEW P4PV2 and a NEW remote controller. I know it is new because it has a different Flight Controller Serial Number. It took DJI just one week to send me back a new drone, RC and new propellers, for just $145. DJI has provided Excellent service, and I am very happy. I am an FAA licensed remote pilot and use this drone for work, in the construction industry, for mapping and site photos and can not afford much down time.
Wonderful endorsement Dirt Pilot. I share your opinion about DJI's service. Twice I've crashed P4P's, twice the repair scenario was the same as yours. The $145 sure is reasonable. Yup, each time I sent mine in for repair, the bird they sent back was a different serial number. Thanks for sharing your experience as well.

Reactions: meeestermike

Dan in Ohio

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
That's great service! Out of curiosity, did you have to re-register it because of the new serial number?

Reactions: jephoto
Reaction score
That's great service! Out of curiosity, did you have to re-register it because of the new serial number?
As a Part 107 certified pilot who uses this for non-recreational use then, yes, he needs to reregister it and deregister the old one.

As a purely recreational pilot, the pilot is registered. For 107 work, each drone is registered.

Reactions: Dan in Ohio

Dan in Ohio

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As a Part 107 certified pilot who uses this for non-recreational use then, yes, he needs to reregister it and deregister the old one.

As a purely recreational pilot, the pilot is registered. For 107 work, each drone is registered.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Reaction score
Great story and thanks for sharing. My P4Pv2 is fine but the day may come when I might need to send it in for repairs. I'd like to know how you packaged it for shipment. I always assumed I'd just stick it in its original foam case but now I'm wondering if that is correct. Afraid I might not get it back. Also, did you include the cables and props with your shipment? Did your new drone arrive in its case? Just wanting to understand the procedure if I ever needed to send mine in. Thanks!

Reaction score
I sent only my Drone and Remote Control, nothing else. The repair shop has their own batteries, cables and I-Phone to connect to the RC. I put it all in the original foam case taped it up to ship it. The new drone, new RC and new props came back in a new foam case with a plastic gimbal camera holder, in a cardboard box. I was charged $16 for the props, but getting a new drone, RC and props for $145, a week after I sent it in, is great service, in my opinion.

Reactions: dronesky
Reaction score
I sent only my Drone and Remote Control, nothing else. The repair shop has their own batteries, cables and I-Phone to connect to the RC. I put it all in the original foam case taped it up to ship it. The new drone, new RC and new props came back in a new foam case with a plastic gimbal camera holder, in a cardboard box. I was charged $16 for the props, but getting a new drone, RC and props for $145, a week after I sent it in, is great service, in my opinion.
It sure is....thanks!

Reaction score
As far as the FAA registration, the two P4P's that I crashed actually weren't registered, but since then I have achieved the Part 107 license and yes, I have registered my current P4P+. I haven't flown "commercial" yet, but just ready if that ever comes about. I'm just flying as a hobby.

Reactions: Dan in Ohio

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike41