Regrets

my father has a P3P while I have the P3A I bought a few weeks after he got his.

Had I known the resolution/downlink to the tablet in flight would be better (10mbps vs 2mbps) I would have bought the P3P instead. At the time I thought I was just getting a faster charger (A $60 value) for $250 more. I would have been more than happy to pay the extra $250 for the better downlink video & charger. 4k video still not a big issue for me yet. So that was NOT a selling point for me.

If I crashed mine.. I'd get the P3P the next go around...

Reactions: sonof40
my father has a P3P while I have the P3A I bought a few weeks after he got his.

Had I known the resolution/downlink to the tablet in flight would be better (10mbps vs 2mbps) I would have bought the P3P instead. At the time I thought I was just getting a faster charger (A $60 value) for $250 more. I would have been more than happy to pay the extra $250 for the better downlink video & charger. 4k video still not a big issue for me yet. So that was NOT a selling point for me.

If I crashed mine.. I'd get the P3P the next go around...
I O gree with BVC. it's more the 10mbps vs 2mbps that wasn't revealed before purchase that chafes me.

I O gree with BVC. it's more the 10mbps vs 2mbps that wasn't revealed before purchase that chafes me.

A lot of users were peeved that DJI omitted this info.
But unless you are doing live streaming to a 40inch display or using FPV goggles, I don't think you will notice that much of a difference on your FPV device. And bumping it up to 10mbs may lose range.

I have the P3P and understand all of the differences. Personally I did not mind spending the extra $250. However, I feel the P3A is a much better deal and if I had the P3A I'd be perfectly happy.

Originally I was going to buy an Advanced model. But upon some reflection thought about how old 1080p is today. There are already 8K computers, and 5k television, so 4K will be like our standard definition very soon. Why not move forward, advancing technology at the speed of light...
My computer plays this 4K video just fine. But for those who don't have the equipment yet, you can still record in 1080P or 2.7K as well.
When you move up to better gear, just switch up the video controls on the drone. ;-)
I am glad I spent the extra few hundred dollars and bought a much better future-proof kit.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I love the HD live feed as I fly and I only use the 1080p for video for YouTube and blog posts - no point in using 4K. Why bother with the other settings?

I have a P3A and very happy with it. Only reason I would get 4K is to crop or zoom more but still keep HD. But saying that you wouldn't need the crop for stabilising because of how good the gimbel works so advanced for the win

The only reason I picked the Professional over the Advanced was due to the 5 times higher max bitrate for the live feed.

After building and flying quads with GoPros and small cameras the lightbridge is an outstanding technology. Finding for myself that flying with goggles is the ultimate way to fly there is no way I wouldn't want to fly with the best view possible.

Other than that 4K is pointless to me so I would be happy with an advanced if not flying with goggles.

Nothing strange about it, it's typical human behavior. Companies love doing this to people to make them feel lesser for nor spending the extra $250. You got the silver model, not the gold model, it's very obvious and in a way saying that you got the second best model. But really your mind made the decision and the price difference was not worth it, but the heart wants the gold model just because it's the best and we love the notion of "the best".

I can promise you the better 4K camera and the 100W charger does not equal $250 difference but they still charge it and call it the best for the more profit the company makes. The same goes for basically everything...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Seeing that the p3pro is now $999 again ... I would be getting that advance traded in ASAP lol

Ha ha ha !!!

Well, I don't know why but every time I see a P3P, I get angry then just plain jealous, (I have a P3A which is GREAT, but am wishing I spent the extra $$$$ on the P3P). I'm sure its just greed though, does anybody else feel this? lol
I don't even need drone footage, never the less 4K, but it would be nice.. if I could play 4K on anything lol
It might just be the fact that I like the gold stickers and the gold plate.... wish I could have a gold plate that says Phantom Advanced.. lol that would be nice :)
I have both. I use the Advanced the most. I don't have a single device that can display 4K. For me it is wasted resolution that just fills up my hard drive. The flying performance is identical between the two. The 2.7K of the Advanced is great and indistinguishable from the 4K on anything I have to display the video.

I am also a techie that loves the new shiny thing, which did land a Pro in my lap. I have 4k tvs and monitors and enough processing power to edit it up, but I have found the main advantage is when you are making content for 1080p displays. You now have a lot more content in your videos to work with. You get the advantage of zooming in without pixelation and you can even get extra filler shots from the same footage with a different crop. Your 2.7k is nothing to scoff at, but 4k definitely gives you more room to play.

Reactions: Grae
A lot easier to swallow now at $999 for a P3P. Less than the Black Friday deal with extra battery now at $1079. Just what is coming march 1st?

SD

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic