Red lights blinking when I turn on the remote

Reaction score
Hello guys !
I hope that this message finds you Well. Here's my issue :

My phantom has been working normally so far, but today when I wanted to make it fly, it just kept blinking red. I then noticed that it happens as soon as I turn on the remote because when the remote is off, the drone slowly blinks yellow (which means ready to fly w/o GPS right ?)

And again, as soon as I turn on the remote, fast red blinking again...

Has anyone experienced this before ? Any clue what it can come from ?

Thank you so much!

Nicolas

Hello,
First depending on which MODE you are in ( naza or phantom ) the light sequences are different, but in phantom mode, slow yellow is 5 or less sats established ( no home point or gps position lock ), green is 6 or more sats, with home lock, and gps position lock. ( for autopilot features ( stabilization, and position hold, those kinds of things. )

Ok
Red fast blinks ( usually mean ) critically low battery warning.
Now red flash accompanied by a bunch of super annoying beeps, usually means internal error , ( something to do with flight controller , or camera, or firmware, something like that. ) just letting you know there is an equipment or firmware error of some kind causing the craft to not boot up correctly.

So
If you have a second battery, I'd give that a shot, as these batteries, when a bad cell appears, can go from 100% charge (4 green bars on battery) to 7% critically low in a matter of seconds or minutes, causing auto land, or Rth to initiate. And can be scary if you are way up, or way out, control can get very limited when either of these things happen. ( the craft is trying to do what it was designed to do ( come home ), but you are trying to keep it out of the lake ( so the tug of war starts )) lol :)

Lastly,
Another possibility can be you TX has some how come out of sync to your bird ( or bad receiver? Or going bad receiver? )

If the battery thing does not work ( also if you do not have a spare batt, try to run your battery COMPLETELY DEAD, ( at this point your battery will shut down at 8% ( will tell you 0% ) but that is not true, these batteries are designed to auto shut down at 8% as not to damage the cells ( research lipo batts ) for a more thourough explanation. Or this post will get very long!
Anyhow
At this point completely charge to 100% ( this is cycling the battery ) and should be done after every 20 flights ( as per DJI instructions ) I do mine more often than that.
This MIGHT refresh your battery?
And try again. If still no
( and you believe your battery is good )

Then hook
TX to RC ASSISTANT, via USB to laptop, ( older Tx have an INTERNAL USB PORT, and you have to remove the back to access it ( 4 screws ))
Do a COMPLETE calibration, every switch, every stick, and dial wheel ( if avail ? ). Once this is complete,
Unhook Tx and turn off ( or close ) RC assistant.
Now hook phantom to laptop via USB, and open PC ASSISTANT, find the Rc tab ( if I remember correctly under basic tab? ) do another COMPLETE TX calibration here ( again all switches ( toggles ) sticks, and dial wheel ( if avail ).
( calibrating Tx in RC ASSISTANT, calibrates the Tx back to factory fresh, everything zeroed out, and calibrating Tx through PC ASSISTANT, calibrates your Tx to your Phantom, so they work together correctly. )

And while you are in Pc assistant, I recommend ( an advanced IMU calibration, then unhook from Pc, and take her out for a fresh COMPASS CALIBRATION as well. This should bring everything back to the way it was when it was bought off the shelf.

( ALSO WHILE IN PC ASSISTANT CHECK YOUR BATTERY CELL LEVELS! All should be close to one another if any are off by a very large margin, you battery is bad. As the low cell will confuse battery circuitry and will read 100% when in reality you are only 7%. Again all covered in LIPO BATTERY research mentioned earlier.

( also while you are calibrating, keep a close eye on your movement bars in assistant, make sure they go FULLY from left to right and smoothly ( in other words not jumping around or jittery, and also that they zero out, when sticks are let go things of that nature, if anything is weird than you might have a potentiometer failing in the Tx ( each stick movement has one, and if any go bad, can cause a false signal to be sent to
The craft.

Ok and lastly ( for real this time ):rolleyes:
If all this fails, I'd look into the receiver, or try relieving the Tx
( turn bird on and NOT TX, you will get fast yellow lights, press the red button and hold ( located on bird belly ) hold until it turns YELLOW, then turn on Tx. This will link them!

Keep us updated

J Dot
:cool:

I know this might be way more info than you might need, but maybe this can also help others in the future. Sorry for long read otherwise! I hope this helps!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello guys !
I hope that this message finds you Well. Here's my issue :

My phantom has been working normally so far, but today when I wanted to make it fly, it just kept blinking red. I then noticed that it happens as soon as I turn on the remote because when the remote is off, the drone slowly blinks yellow (which means ready to fly w/o GPS right ?)

And again, as soon as I turn on the remote, fast red blinking again...

Has anyone experienced this before ? Any clue what it can come from ?

Thank you so much!

Nicolas

Nicolas if both the controller and P2 were powered up and you were in ATTI mode then yes you would be ready to fly. But in the case you just described it means you haven't a control signal. Now when you've turned on the controller and powered up the P2 the P2 goes through a power on self-test as in the following video.

Once that test is completed the front LEDs will remain off until you have 6 or satellites and both sticks go into CSC and you are ready for takeoff. If you haven' the Users Manual here is link to the manual take the time to read it.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Thanks or to both of you guys for taking your time to answer.

Yesterday night, as I was waiting for some answers, I just charged the battery for a little bit, put it back in the drone, and guess what?

It worked!

So I went outside, made it fly everything seemed normal. I was very happy, but I wish I knew more what exactly happened. Because Irma all new to me, and the English words sometimes don't make sense to me. I found a shop in Paris, and I'll go there to show them my kit, and ask them a few tips (it'll probably help that it lol be in French)

But anyways thanks a LOt for your time

Nicolas

Reactions: J Dot
Thanks or to both of you guys for taking your time to answer.

Yesterday night, as I was waiting for some answers, I just charged the battery for a little bit, put it back in the drone, and guess what?

It worked!

So I went outside, made it fly everything seemed normal. I was very happy, but I wish I knew more what exactly happened. Because Irma all new to me, and the English words sometimes don't make sense to me. I found a shop in Paris, and I'll go there to show them my kit, and ask them a few tips (it'll probably help that it lol be in French)

But anyways thanks a LOt for your time

Nicolas

Nicolas si le contrôleur et le P2 étaient sous tension et que vous étiez en mode ATTI, alors vous seriez prêt à voler. Mais dans le cas où vous venez de décrire, cela signifie que vous n'avez pas de signal de contrôle. Maintenant, lorsque vous avez activé le contrôleur et mis sous tension, le P2 passe par un auto-test comme dans la vidéo suivante.

Une fois que le test est terminé, les LED avant resteront éteintes jusqu'à ce que vous ayez 6 ou des satellites et que les deux bâtons entre dans CSC et que vous soyez prêt pour le décollage. Si vous n'êtes pas le mode d'emploi ici, le lien vers le manuel prend le temps de le lire.
Http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/fr/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Reactions: J Dot
Bonjour, Tout d'abord selon le MODE dans lequel vous êtes (naza ou fantôme), les séquences lumineuses sont différentes, mais en mode fantôme, le jaune lent est égal ou inférieur à 5 sats (pas de verrouillage de la position du point de départ ou du GPS), le vert est égal ou inférieur à 6 sats Verrouillage à la maison et verrouillage de position des gps. (Pour les fonctions du pilote automatique (stabilisation et maintien de la position, ce genre de choses.) D'accord Le rouge clignote rapidement (généralement signifie) un avertissement de batterie extrêmement faible. Maintenant, le flash rouge accompagné d'un tas de bips super ennuyeux, signifie habituellement une erreur interne (quelque chose à voir avec le contrôleur de vol, ou la caméra, ou le microprogramme, quelque chose comme ça). Il suffit de vous informer qu'il y a une erreur d'équipement ou de microprogramme Obliger l'ordinateur à ne pas démarrer correctement. Alors Si vous disposez d'une deuxième batterie, je donnerais un coup, car ces piles, lorsqu'une mauvaise cellule apparaît, peut passer de 100% de charge (4 barres vertes sur batterie) à 7% en basse tension en quelques secondes ou en quelques minutes , Provoquant des terres auto, ou Rth à lancer. Et peut être effrayant si vous êtes en avance, ou la sortie, le contrôle peut être très limité lorsque l'une ou l'autre de ces choses se produit. (Le métier essaie de faire ce qu'il a été conçu pour faire (rentrer à la maison), mais vous essayez de le garder hors du lac (alors le tir de la guerre commence)) lol :) Enfin, Une autre possibilité peut-être que TX possède une certaine façon de sortir de la synchronisation avec votre oiseau (ou un mauvais récepteur ou un mauvais récepteur?) Si le problème de la batterie ne fonctionne pas (également si vous n'avez pas de batterie de rechange, essayez d'exécuter votre batterie COMPLETEMENT DÉLIMINÉE (à ce stade, votre batterie s'éteindra à 8% (vous dira 0%) mais ce n'est pas vrai , Ces batteries sont conçues pour s'arrêter automatiquement à 8% afin de ne pas endommager les cellules (recherches de lipo battes) pour une explication plus approfondie. Ou cette publication sera très longue! De toute façon À ce stade, chargez complètement à 100% (cela fait du vélo de la batterie) et devrait être effectué après chaque 20 vols (selon les instructions DJI), je fais le mien le plus souvent. Cela PEUT-il actualiser votre batterie? Et essayez à nouveau. Si toujours pas (Et vous pensez que votre batterie est bonne) Ensuite accrochez TX à RC ASSISTANT, via USB vers un ordinateur portable, (les anciens Tx ont un PORT USB INTERNE, et vous devez enlever le dos pour y accéder (4 vis)) Effectuez un étalonnage complet, chaque interrupteur, chaque barre et une molette de numérotation (si possible). Une fois que cela est terminé, Débranchez Tx et éteignez (ou fermez) l'assistant RC. Maintenant, accrochez le fantôme à l'ordinateur portable via USB et ouvrez PC ASSISTANT, trouvez l'onglet Rc (si je me souviens bien sous l'onglet de base?), Effectuez ici un autre étalonnage COMPLETE TX (à nouveau tous les boutons (bascules) et la molette de numérotation (le cas échéant). (Calibrer Tx dans RC ASSISTANT, étalonner le Tx à nouveau en usine, tout zéro et calibrer Tx via PC ASSISTANT, calibrer votre Tx sur votre Phantom, afin qu'ils fonctionnent correctement). Et pendant que vous êtes en assistant Pc, je recommande (un étalonnage IMU avancé, puis décrochez-vous de Pc, et sortez-le pour une nouvelle CALIBRAGE COMPASS). Cela devrait tout revenir à la façon dont il était acheté sur l'étagère . (AUCUN CAS, EN CAS DE L'ASSISTANT À LA PC, VÉRIFIEZ VOS NIVEAUX DE LA CELLULE DE BATTERIE! Tout devrait être proche l'un de l'autre si quelqu'un est hors tension par une très grande marge, votre batterie est mauvaise. Comme la cellule basse confond les circuits de la batterie et lira 100% quand en réalité Vous ne représentez que 7%. Encore une fois, toutes couvertes par les recherches LIPO BATTERY mentionnées précédemment. (Aussi pendant que vous étaluez, surveillez attentivement vos barres de mouvement en assistant, assurez-vous qu'ils vont pleinement de gauche à droite et en douceur (en d'autres termes, ne pas sauter ou trembler, et aussi qu'ils ne fermes pas de zéro, lorsque les bâtons sont laissés Aller de cette nature, si quelque chose est étrange que vous pourriez avoir un potentiomètre défaillant dans le Tx (chaque mouvement de bâton en a un et, s'il y a de mauvais, peut provoquer l'envoi d'un faux signal à Le métier. Ok et enfin (pour l'instant réel cette fois): rolleyes: Si tout cela échoue, je regarde le récepteur, ou essayez de libérer le Tx (Allumez l'oiseau et PAS TX, vous obtiendrez des lumières jaunes rapides, appuyez sur le bouton rouge et maintenez enfoncé (situé sur le ventre de l'oiseau) jusqu'à ce qu'il soit JAUNE, puis allumez Tx. Cela les reliera! Gardez-nous au courant J Dot :cool: Je sais que cela pourrait être beaucoup plus d'informations que vous pourriez avoir besoin, mais peut-être cela peut également aider les autres dans le futur. Désolé d'avoir lu longtemps autrement! J'espère que cela vous aidera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20