Recycling P2V+ guts

Reaction score
I've got a crashed/damaged P2V+ I would like to repurpose the guts to another frame, rather than swapping the shell, as I've got a F450 bare frame already. One of the ESC was also damaged, but the rest of the electronics looks fine.

Can the Phantom flight controller be used on its own with an alternate receiver, ESC and motors, or does it need to be connected to a DJI smart battery, the main board, stock ESC and receiver?

I seem to be able to use a DJI LED module and external GPS module with compass working with the stock receiver, but I can't arm a generic ESC to drive a motor. I can connect to the P2V+ assistant, but get an error message because I'm using a generic battery pack.

I've got a crashed/damaged P2V+ I would like to repurpose the guts to another frame, rather than swapping the shell, as I've got a F450 bare frame already. One of the ESC was also damaged, but the rest of the electronics looks fine.

Can the Phantom flight controller be used on its own with an alternate receiver, ESC and motors, or does it need to be connected to a DJI smart battery, the main board, stock ESC and receiver?

I seem to be able to use a DJI LED module and external GPS module with compass working with the stock receiver, but I can't arm a generic ESC to drive a motor. I can connect to the P2V+ assistant, but get an error message because I'm using a generic battery pack.

Yea, the battery is going to be the big problem.
It must be a smart batt.
And that is the problem with arming ESC.
No work around known though I haven't looked hard in a long while.

Different receiver? Yes. I have a Futaba in my P2NV

Next the Naza will have a lot of the programmable features disabled.

Though I still have two good batts., the battery issue has kept me from doing something, anything else, with mine.

I've had the same problem, when connected to a generic ESC the motor beeps for irregular input. Did you manage to find a workaround for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.