Recreational drone now illegal in most of Canada...

Definitely agree with you .. it won't stop idiots fro behaving badly but
licensing would help authority tie bad actors with bad events and eventually weed them out like drunk drivers. All drones should need a password like an email account that limits functionality. ... easy to get but harder to avoid being outed as the perpetrator

I disagree,,, the bad actors are not likely to get licensed,, I was not aware that we no longer have any drunk drivers on the road.. sorry but bad analogy.

Also there are a lot more unlicensed drives on the road than you think, so thinking licensing drone operators would be even more difficult as I don't think the police forces would dedicate as much manpower to drone enforcement as they do for drunk divers and traffic enforcement.

Actually, yes. That's the point of the licence plate.
Yes but the privacy act doe's not let people check out who the person is or any other personal info, you have to contact the police or mto with a formal request with a good reason and proof.

You are right again but my business is severely hampered by lack of regulation and no one is actually doing anything to help... just complaining... just passing silly rules that do nothing to crack down on irresponsible fliers

Your are right David,, and that is why I say we police ourselves,,if you see someone flying illegally,,say something to them. I have in past, quite often it just educating them as they were not aware.
You don't need to be heavy handed, just point out the fines they could face and let them know their actions reflect on the entire drone community.

Yes but the privacy act doe's not let people check out who the person is or any other personal info, you have to contact the police or mto with a formal request with a good reason and proof.

your biggest concern by writing your name, adress and phone number, on your drone, is privacy?

I really don't see the problem seriously. If you are not guilty of anything, there shouldn't be a problem with that. If you do a stupid thing and your drone crash on a car, for exemple, well, be ready to take responssability of your actions. At least, with this, you can be found. Will it stop stupid people to do stupid things? I don't think so, they won't even write their name on their drones. But if you don't have anything to hide or if you are not guilty of anything, well I don't see what is wrong with this.

My updates are:

5 (1) No person shall operate a model aircraft

(a) at an altitude greater than 400 feet AGL; >>400ft is the standard<<
(f) at night; >>Without Anti-collision lights<<
(5) No person shall operate a model aircraft

(a) within 3 nautical miles (5.5 km) of the centre of an aerodrome, except a heliport or an aerodrome that is used exclusively by helicopters;
(b) within 1 nautical mile (1.8 km) of a heliport or an aerodrome that is used exclusively by helicopters; or
(c) inside an aerodrome control zone.

>>Still need to separate major airports from a farmer's or hobby landing strip. 500m for those sounds realistic.

We are no longer allowed to fly 9km from airports, 75m from buildings, and a lot more, since 10am this morning...
And there is no way to get recreational liscence, etc...
Sad for everyone in Canada...

Ottawa toughens rules for operating recreational drones

This is what happens in nations which give all control to government and virtually no guarantees of freedom to citizens. It is what may be called a Dictatorship of the Bueaurocracy! Yes the Communist Democrats are trying to bring that about in America, too!

This is what happens in nations which give all control to government and virtually no guarantees of freedom to citizens. It is what may be called a Dictatorship of the Bueaurocracy! Yes the Communist Democrats are trying to bring that about in America, too!
The more they place overly strict laws on the public, more they will break them. I’m at the point of flying as usual , keeping my bird within sight, fly below 90 meters and be careful around people and buildings...and if I happened to be off by a few meters , so be it...I respect aviation and never fly like a crazy man and film planes land or fly around near forest fires...the remaining laws are ridiculous and they know it..I would love to see them prosecute a drone operator because he does not have his name on his/her drone, its invasion of privacy and no way my name and address is going anywhere where people are hating drones because of the government stigma placed on them...People are crazy these days, they only disaster will be people getting up in arms against drone operators ., Goverment should have embraced the hobby rather than convict all of us as delinquents..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart