Received my new $369.00 h3-3d from b&h

Reaction score
I received my h3-3d from b&h yesterday. Installed it with no issues... had a slight amount of jello at 2.7k 30fps. Removed adapter plate and installed white dampers under the plate, and used longer screws. Seems to have made a big difference. have only been able to fly in really high winds, but the video is very usable, unlike before with the h3-2d in high winds. I have noticed that the gimbal is not balanced left to right with the gopro.. when power is off, it rotates(falls) to the motor side. gimbal doesnt seem to get hot. Very pleased so far.

Thats good to hear, mine is coming tomorrow. Did you need to replace the landing skids or is the ground clearance ok even with the adapter plate? Did you get the anti interference board and if so did you install externally or internally?

When you say white dampeners, do you mean the balls or do you mean you had to add additional washers for spacing?

Thanks for the insight - please post pics if you get the time :D cant wait to install mine.

Yes please post pics please. Received mine today .. a little leary of installing after reading so many negative comments ...

Yes, came with interference board. I simply put the white vibration damping ball things under the installation plate... gave me enough of a gap not to have to cut a hole in my older p2. Seems to have helped the jello.

Fximaging said:
Yes, came with interference board. I simply put the white vibration damping ball things under the installation plate... gave me enough of a gap not to have to cut a hole in my older p2. Seems to have helped the jello.
So, to clarify. You ordered the H3-3D gimbal from B&H with the interference board. Installed it on your "old" Phantom 2 without having to cut a hole? And everything you needed to do this with came from B&H in that order?

JRock said:
Fximaging said:
So, to clarify. You ordered the H3-3D gimbal from B&H with the interference board. Installed it on your "old" Phantom 2 without having to cut a hole? And everything you needed to do this with came from B&H in that order?

id like to know this as well, i received my order today and go the old p2 bundled with the h3-3d and no adapter plate. I really dont want to cut a hole in this thing so i guess my only option is to get the adapter (which they dont have on their site) or return it and hope they have the new p2's

Ended up getting my order from B&H today - version 1.1 with the interference board and the new usb connector with the flimsy ribbon cable. No adapter plate, no extended landing skids.. WTF B&H??!!!! I emailed their customer support asking where the hell the adapter was, and the missing landing skids (which are required as the gimbal hangs so low with the adapter plate) this was their response:

We are aware of this problem. It appears that the bracket was supposed to be included but was not and we are getting them and they should ship to you next week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the landing skids - We did not receive any confirmation from the manufacturer with regards to the longer landing skids as of now.
You may ant to contact DJI directly at:
Tel: (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]

First and last time I will be buying from these guys. Total cluster. :x

That is weird, I just got mine from B&H today and it is the original v1 with the Gopro connection in the back. It seems I am the only one that got the v1, while everyone else got the v1.1. It did come with the AI board though, so as long as I don't have the horror stories I have heard from others I am all good. Just to note it did not come with the adapter to mount to the original P2, but I was not expecting that, even though B&H Aerial Dept. said it did. I guess it is not totally their fault that they were not informed well by their stellar supplier. :roll: I'm happy for now and hopefully will stay that way after I get it on the P2.

My gimbal from b&h is a version 1. No ribbon cable. Way I did might seem cheesy to some of you, but it works, and I didn't have to mod my phantom. I turned my phantom over, took the white vibration balls and sat them on top of the mounting holes, topped them with the clear plastic plates from the retaining pins, with the beveled side down I to the balls, sat the gimbal on top of that, and installed using the longer screws from my unused prop guards. I added some thread lock to the screws first. I did not tighten them all the way, the compressed balls give me the clearance for the yaw motor that I needed, and I think provide the added benefit of vibration absorption between the plate and phantom. After the thread lock dried, the screws are tight. I experienced some jello with the grey balls, so I took the white balls off my old h3-2d and used them, and now it is smooth as glass, even in heavy wind. I used some dental floss as the safety retainers. Slightly hokey, but it works awesome. I can't believe the difference. I also upgraded my firmware to 2.0, and installed the latest gimbal firmware. Thinking about moving up to 3.0 just to get the new fpv mode, which locks the gimbal side to side for a more realistic flying experience. Can always go back if it doesn't fly good. Came with the interference board, and installed it under my phantom.

I preordered mine from B&H as soon as it was listed. Got a version 1.1
I called them to ask if they had any version 1 units and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Fximaging said:
My gimbal from b&h is a version 1. No ribbon cable. Way I did might seem cheesy to some of you, but it works, and I didn't have to mod my phantom. I turned my phantom over, took the white vibration balls and sat them on top of the mounting holes, topped them with the clear plastic plates from the retaining pins, with the beveled side down I to the balls, sat the gimbal on top of that, and installed using the longer screws from my unused prop guards. I added some thread lock to the screws first. I did not tighten them all the way, the compressed balls give me the clearance for the yaw motor that I needed, and I think provide the added benefit of vibration absorption between the plate and phantom. After the thread lock dried, the screws are tight. I experienced some jello with the grey balls, so I took the white balls off my old h3-2d and used them, and now it is smooth as glass, even in heavy wind. I used some dental floss as the safety retainers. Slightly hokey, but it works awesome. I can't believe the difference. I also upgraded my firmware to 2.0, and installed the latest gimbal firmware. Thinking about moving up to 3.0 just to get the new fpv mode, which locks the gimbal side to side for a more realistic flying experience. Can always go back if it doesn't fly good. Came with the interference board, and installed it under my phantom.
Fx,
I considered the same set up when I receive my H3-3D. Would you mind sharing some pics? Especially the thread lock method and the longer screws used through the white vibrations balls. Thanks

Fximaging said:

would you mind taking a picture of this setup and posting it?

I called B&H today as I had to return my H3-3D gimbal I got as it was toast. Knowing that there are 2 versions, I asked them to try and send me a version 1 (without the ribbon). We'll see what I get on Wednesday. The boxes are labeled so if they had one I'm sure they will send that one. I just like the connection better. Fingers crossed.

I received my new gimbal from B&H and it was a version 1 :)

So far, everything has updates fine and it appears to work great. x1 channel didn't need to be calibrated. Everything is updated and I hope to take it ona night flight tonight. Fingers crossed :)

mrand said:

So far, everything has updates fine and it appears to work great. x1 channel didn't need to be calibrated. Everything is updated and I hope to take it ona night flight tonight. Fingers crossed :)

Can you post your install details?

poostik said:
mrand said:

Can you post your install details?

Pretty straight forward. Removed H3-2D gimbal. Installed this one, plugged in the connector and everything was good. Did a few updates and all was good to go.

mrand said:
I called B&H today as I had to return my H3-3D gimbal I got as it was toast. Knowing that there are 2 versions, I asked them to try and send me a version 1 (without the ribbon). We'll see what I get on Wednesday. The boxes are labeled so if they had one I'm sure they will send that one. I just like the connection better. Fingers crossed.
I'm holding a box that my 1.1 came in & there is no rev number on the box.

B&H has the extended legs and spacer in stock. If you have P2, v1, then you need this parts bag. The H3-3D's do not come with these parts. B&H also has a longer gimbal cable so the anti-interference board can be screwed done internally and use the original exit hole. B&H seems to gets new parts sooner than most in the US and I read others have good experience with customer service, I have had no issues so I have never called them myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl