rear lights

Reaction score
Hi can any one help me one of the rear lights on my drone is red
I did the compass and imu calibrations

here a video to show what going on

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps is suffering from heterochromia iridis.
07b9f825e701a5c6826a67a3f316f060.jpg

Have you tried to take off? Do the motors start? If it does take off, is your altitude limited? We need a bit more info that what you have provided.

Yes the motors start hovers good fly's good it is off when returning home it lands 3 to 6 feet from the home point and the home point is set before take off

Yes the motors start hovers good fly's good it is off when returning home it lands 3 to 6 feet from the home point and the home point is set before take off
That is an acceptable distance when doing RTH. I can't find nothing wrong with your bird, other than the different lights. Probably one of the colors to produce green blew out and you are stuck with red.

Dumb question then what good is a landing pad if the drone does not land even close to it
friend has a mavic air nd it lands smack on the pad .

Or is that just the way the phantom 3 are
Forgot to say thank you for the help

Dumb question then what good is a landing pad if the drone does not land even close to it
friend has a mavic air nd it lands smack on the pad .

Or is that just the way the phantom 3 are
Forgot to say thank you for the help
That's just how Phantom 3s are. The downward sensors of the Mavic are good, and yet I've seen Mavics miss the landing pad. The Mavics have an option called Precision landing. Basically it takes a monochrome photo of where it took off and it compares that photo when it's about to land on RTH. This is how they are so good and precise. It's been a while since I last played with a Phantom 3 model, but I don't recall seeing this option on the Go app.

Here is a video of guys comparing the Phantom 3 Pro vs an Autel X-Star Premium. You will see that the P3P missed the target by 4' and the XSP missed it by little over 6'.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's just how Phantom 3s are. The downward sensors of the Mavic are good, and yet I've seen Mavics miss the landing pad. The Mavics have an option called Precision landing. Basically it takes a monochrome photo of where it took off and it compares that photo when it's about to land on RTH. This is how they are so good and precise. It's been a while since I last played with a Phantom 3 model, but I don't recall seeing this option on the Go app.

Is it better to set the home point from where it took off or the the controller

Reactions: Mauiskye
I wonder why they did not put a removable battery on the phantom controllers
that would of been sweet to have a few extras i have 5 batteries for the drone
but the controller dies before that

I wonder why they did not put a removable battery on the phantom controllers
that would of been sweet to have a few extras i have 5 batteries for the drone
but the controller dies before that
Really? I have a friend with a P3P and his controller lasts up to 8 full batteries. He did replace his controller battery recently. I have another friend who owns a P3S and he uses a Power Bank to charge his controller as he flies.

@buzzthecat2019,

How old is this Phantom and Remote?

One red and one green on the back? I like that!

Your remote?
How long does it take to charge 4 / 8 hrs?

I'm thinking you should get 8 / 10 hrs of flying.

Your home point is only going to as good as the satellite signal.
Have you ever done any Geocaching? ;)

Rod

@buzzthecat2019,

How old is this Phantom and Remote?

One red and one green on the back? I like that!

Your remote?
How long does it take to charge 4 / 8 hrs?

I'm thinking you should get 8 / 10 hrs of flying.

Your home point is only going to as good as the satellite signal.
Have you ever done any Geocaching? ;)

Rod
i get like 12 to 16 satellites and no to the Geocaching

Reactions: RodPad
Did not want to make a new post.
But does anyone now where i can get a after market lens for the phantom 3 camera mine has a crack

From where it took of. You will only change Home Point if you are doing a flight where you are moving around or a moving landing spot (like a boat) and your landing place will differ from take off point.
Has anyone here actually gotten the Homepoint to reset to the controllers new position after moving?
I’ve tried to do this with both my P3’s and P4P v2 using my iPads and it won’t do it
Someone told me that the GPS on the iPads isn’t accurate enough for DJI’s parameters to get a lock.
I spent the extra money on my 2018 iPad 9.8” for the cellular version- just for the GPS module. But it doesn’t work. Also always have the WiFi connected to my phone via the Personal Hotspot

But still no joy.

If any of you can do this successfully I’d like to hear about it and what you are using for a tablet to do so.

Did not want to make a new post.
But does anyone now where i can get a after market lens for the phantom 3 camera mine has a crack
When looking for stuff, I try to remember to take a look here.
Someday @msinger will thank me for my efforts. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Avocet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic