Reading DAT files ?

Reaction score
Is there a way to read DAT files from the aircraft , DJI asked me for the ones out of my copter but I'd like to check them out for myself , I get a " Windows can't open this message ?

My computer wont let me download it says they're usafe and it was removed... :confused:
I was able to get it on my computer and I have 5 DAT files from my aircraft I used that link to convert them to CSV files then uploaded them to Airdata but they dont show the lost footage either only whats recorded to the flight records of my device ,
Three of the CSV files I was able to read with Airdata but two CSV files I received a Unsupported file type from Airdata, I'll wait and see if DJI says anything, thank you

Reactions: Rotorhead
Three of the CSV files I was able to read with Airdata but two CSV files I received a Unsupported file type from Airdata,
Personal Opinion but Airdata is virtually useless in these scenarios. I dropped them a long time ago. Still have an account but very rarely use it.

Personal Opinion but Airdata is virtually useless in these scenarios. I dropped them a long time ago. Still have an account but very rarely use it.
Yes pretty much , I could figure out how to read them in the other program and I remembered that Airdata reads a few different file types it did show the 16,000ft flight record but not the outbound portion , I'll wait and see what DJI says

'll wait and see what DJI says
Best of luck with that. Airdata only shows the transmitted data, not the aircraft data. So in my opinion you might want to post a link to that so we can take a look first, or you are wasting your time.

FLY 288 is the correct flight. Approx 16000ft outbound and back. The other files are only short power ups. That still does not explain your device and/or app issue however.

Capture.PNG

What are the issues you are looking for in the logs? I am missing that piece of the puzzle to try and help.

Looking farther at FLY 288, this is a normal flight. There is no RTH in the logs. Battery was fine and no signal loss. Also, your failsafe for this flight was set to hover, not RTH, just to throw that out.

Looking farther at FLY 288, this is a normal flight. There is no RTH in the logs. Battery was fine and no signal loss. Also, your failsafe for this flight was set to hover, not RTH, just to throw that out.

Ok I’ll look for another flight which was after that one with the second battery which had the RTH

Ok I’ll look for another flight which was after that one with the second battery which had the RTH
When looking at the files, just a note, look for the larger file sizes. The one above was 100meg. The smaller files wont be correct.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
......Also, your failsafe for this flight was set to hover, not RTH, just to throw that out.
Yeah, DJI is a bit confusing on this. The RC:failSafe always shows Hover until the value is needed - then it shows the actual value.
I had a couple flights where part of the flight records (inbound & outbound after a disconnect ) where not recorded to the device or apps flight record
Maybe I don't understand, but how could it be otherwise? If there is a disconnect then the Go App can't be getting data to record to the .txt file. Typically, the Go App will close the .txt file when this happens and start a new one if it re-connects to the AC.

Both FLY288.DAT and FLY291.DAT show that the AC was connected to the App for the entire duration of those flights.

I had a couple flights where part of the flight records (inbound & outbound after a disconnect ) where not recorded to the device or apps flight record

Well if the mobile device is disconnected it won't log anything since it can't. Are you wanting to recover something specific out of those drone logs? The drone will log the whole flight regardless of connection to the remote/mobile device.

I was able to open your FLY288 directly in CsvView and it appears to be a long out and back flight with a complete log of the flight. Must be a different flight that you are looking for,

Well if the mobile device is disconnected it won't log anything since it can't.
That is correct, however the issue here is that log in question only show a return RTH and not the outbound portion of the flight. The log "should" be cumulative. Loss of signal, then reaquiring on the return should be the same file on the device. The log should show the disconnect "Signal Lost for xxxx second's" upon reaquiring.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing