RC-Signal problem

Reaction score
Hi

New Phantom owner here. As soon as I received my Phantom 3 Standard I carefully read everything and took it up for it's first flight after careful preparations. The flight was a huge success, took amazing photos and achieved decent range, about 600m away while at 120m altitude.

The second flight was the same, however over night after a full recharge and set to go I could barely get past 10m height without the Return to Home function kicking in. Max distance I could get was about 30m away before once again the RC would beep and force return home. I thought this was going to be a 'one off' but unfortunatley it wasn't, it has occurred in my past three flights. The RC-Signal is so unstable.

I'm flying in Sweden.

What troubleshooting options can I do, or is there a problem with my hardware?

--- This problem started after the latest firmware ---

Thanks.

What you mean with check all the settings?
Check this picture:

Thanks!

5d4f9cb853fde7eb1dbb18dcc8be38d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Another firmware upgrade nightmare. I am trapped into this too. Havent been able to find a solution yet.

Thank god that im not the only one.. But ye mate, this is really annoying.. But they will probably fix this soon?

I'm sure you checked already but maybe it put it in beginner mode after FW update.
d75ac1f7fdab0c100821c80a545022d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It says it will only fly in a radius of 30 meters from the home point when in beginner mode

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have never flown in beginners mode, but I don't think RTH would activate.

You can downgrade your firmware through the DJI GO app. In the go app, go to the top right corner and hold down on the graduate hat button for 5 seconds and release. it will then give you options to downgrade your firmware. But the limited range, you have your antennas in the proper position and point your transmitter at the phantom correct?

I also had some good flights on firmware 1.4.60.
Updated firmware to the latest 1.5.70 and lost videosignal after 150m (did not lose RC). The most irritating is that the video stays lost until I land back at the home point.
I will try downgrading back to 1.4.60 and see if this helps.

I also had some good flights on firmware 1.4.60.
Updated firmware to the latest 1.5.70 and lost videosignal after 150m (did not lose RC). The most irritating is that the video stays lost until I land back at the home point.
I will try downgrading back to 1.4.60 and see if this helps.

That's interesting. I usually lose RC before wifi. You could also check to see if all of your connections within the transmitter are well secured. There shouldn't be a reason for them not to be, but it's always a suggestion.

That's interesting. I usually lose RC before wifi. You could also check to see if all of your connections within the transmitter are well secured. There shouldn't be a reason for them not to be, but it's always a suggestion.
I could do that. It also seems that downgrading from this latest firmware is not possible. Can anyone confirm this?

I could do that. It also seems that downgrading from this latest firmware is not possible. Can anyone confirm this?

Are you not able to do the downgrade from the app? Like does going to the graduation hat button on the top right not work for downgrading?

Are you not able to do the downgrade from the app? Like does going to the graduation hat button on the top right not work for downgrading?
I tried the graduation hat. It said No firmware available or something. I remember previously when I was on older firmware that I got the option to go one back.

I tried the graduation hat. It said No firmware available or something. I remember previously when I was on older firmware that I got the option to go one back.

Have you changed SD cards at all recently?

Were you connected to the Phantom when you checked?

Im not able to downgrade to the previous firmware. Yepp, I we're connected to the Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.