RC Bricked - Phantom 3 Standard - and how to fix it!!!

Reaction score
I have unfortunately managed to make my Phantom 3 Standard Drone unusable.
I did this via up- and downgrade processes and now neither connecting the DJI Go app nor connecting the remote controller to the drone works.
A hardware failure can be explicitly excluded because the drone was still working before I started working with different firmwares.
The suspicion lies in the remote control with faulty / corrupted file on the RC like /etc/init.d/rcS

I found also this topic here in this Forum which explains how to fix a bricked AC

In my case it i s defiantly the RC because i managed to changed the files there (192.168.1.1)
I get only ftp access with cyberduck to the /tmp Folder, i am not able to transfer files but i could change permissions, deleting files or folders. After a device reboot its all back.

I spend hours (in fact 48) reading this Topic here trying for finding a solution with no success:

while down- and upgrading i get similar outputs like presented here:
[00199099][03 06][00] v2.4.15.5 -> v2.4.20.40 need upgrade.
[00211703][07 00][00] device not detected.
[00211821][09 00][05] v0.1.1.1 -> v0.1.1.1

My question is, can i restore a firmware directly to the RC using for example the usb port and if, how?
Or does anyone know this situation and another working solution?

Another interessting Hint was
Guide: How to fix bricked P3S (FTP range mod)
^^
I've posted a PDF guide to fixing the bricks over on this thread. I hope no one minds - I take no credit for finding the fix, only collating it! It was just getting a little cluttered in the other two threads ;-)
This PDF is not online anymore and it seems jackhadrill also....just like my drone ^^

Hope anyone can help me and my drone, else another one bricks the wall....

Reactions: Photomaton
one brick.jpg

Is rc linked with ac,,,,
No, i unlinked it manually for testing and re-link operations fails. exactly like shown here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No, i unlinked it manually for testing and re-link operations fails. exactly like shown here:
Ok when its beeping press link button or it just time out

i can start link progress manually or from "DJI Go" but pressing the link button has no effect, just like showed in the video above.

Ok me think your linking not quite right,,do you have gimble wheel turned left when switches toggled ?
Make sure you press link button for 2 seconds at least,,you can do this without app but have your rc on first before ac on,,,,bit hard to see if your finger on dial that why I ask

I do it exactly like shown in the video above. wheel turned full left, toggle up and down "fast peeping starts on the RC, pressing link button 2+ seconds on the AC, no effect.
I have connection with the app DJI Go. So the RC has still Wifi

Try remote reset ,when got app open does it display disconnect at the top,
Screenshot_20200621-100052_Chrome.jpg

WiFi PW Reset works well. What i am trying actually is this procedure:
Instead of "P3X_FW_DEBUG" using " P3C_FW_DEBUG"

Update, the [07 00][00] device not detected - Error is based on OpenWrt - which is the reason why the RC can not link to the AC - it just dont boot.
I guess the OpenWrt is added in the Firmware P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.

If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both

I has no idea on debug or how these errors work,,delete app and reinstall that give new zip file and might help it find itself,,,,sorry my brain not clever lately but I always start simple,need clever person to work out errors and that ain't me,sorry I type with what came to mind and I never have chopped and changed firmware so unsure that,,anyway why did you downgrade firmware

Reactions: Capt KO and scari
I has no idea on debug or how these errors work,,delete app and reinstall that give new zip file and might help it find itself,,,,sorry my brain not clever lately but I always start simple,need clever person to work out errors and that ain't me,sorry I type with what came to mind and I never have chopped and changed firmware so unsure that,,anyway why did you downgrade firmware
No Problem
Hurray - I found the missing PDF - It seems i have missed it. Here the Link for others with the same issue.
wish me luck for soldering, using putty this way, editing boot files or re-programming a WRM :)

Edit: here a good video how to do it... thx a lot to them

Last edited:
I managed it. It was a nice soldering exercise. Here's what took me a long time: You have to disconnect the Silicon USB to TTL converter from the drone to test it. It is not enough to take the adapter off the PC! Otherwise the drone and the remote control will block the WiFi. Special thanks to DJI, thanks to their malice I am now much smarter than at the beginning :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic