Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Ive not done this myself yet.

However, Ive been reading, sources online indicate its not possible to update firmware manually after 1.3.2? You can only use the GO app? but you wouldn't be to use GO app if you have bricked wlan? Can anyone confirm this?

Can someone with a healthy RC and a telnet session look at the root directory and let us know where it is mounted and that way maybe figure out on what device the linux system is residing. Once we know that perhaps it is just a matter of locating the hardware and mount it on an external linux box.

I made all changes again and i still have a problem :(
I made changes exactly from Ojcze Nasz video (changed GB to OK in line 32 and add two lines in the end of rcS files, drone and remote). All went ok.
Next after reboot i checked via telnet (command iwinfo) i have 27 dBm (good, FCC). But after GPS recorded home position i checked it again and it switch to only 17 dBm (CE) .
After next reboot i again have 27 dBm (without GPS)...
What am i doing wrong?

I made changes exactly from Ojcze Nasz video (changed GB to OK in line 32 and add two lines in the end of rcS files, drone and remote). All went ok.
Next after reboot i checked via telnet (command iwinfo) i have 27 dBm (good, FCC). But after GPS recorded home position i checked it again and it switch to only 17 dBm (CE) .
What am i doing wrong?

I was alike you. But, sometime after it was all FCC with GPS signal. I don't understand it.

Last edited:
I am full of admiration for the work done by the 'researchers' here but even with 20+ yrs experience in IT I am hesitating to tweak my P3S - I don't have the spare cash to replace it if I stuff up! I have seen several sysadmins jump on a solution to an urgent issue with a guaranteed fix found in a blog via google only to crash a critical system because they missed something crucial or didn't notice a tiny difference in the solution to the problem they were trying to fix! Always practise caution! However exciting it may be to be an early adopter of something it is always wise to learn from other peoples experience. My 20+ yrs hasn't stopped me though...I do still rush in sometimes!!!

As a minor 'aside', I am starting to wonder about that FW update that caused all this strife? Out of the box my P3S had perfect, rock solid video....the update nailed it dead overnight! It makes me suspect that maybe the earlier FW wasn't implementing the FCC/CE adjustment properly and perhaps my first good video signal was due to the P3S actually being in FCC mode anyway?? It would explain the reluctance from the manufacturer to discuss the issue other than to acknowledge that people are having an issue?!?!? I wonder if the 'issue' is sitting on a desk in the Dev dept or the Marketing dept. ???

Ok, let's see how to change channel on android phone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

for whom having error while execute my shell script, I share it on google drive, you can download and save to 192.168.1.1/usr/sbin and chmod 775
setchan.sh

setchan.sh updated:
go to Post#289 and #338

Last edited:
Reactions: sunkyu
What am i doing wrong?

Are you using DJI GO ?

Reactions: dan84uk
Confirmed working firmware 1.3.5
Used win7 / filezilla / notepad ++ (all default settings)
Directly edited in filezilla, by right clicking edit (However you must first change the default editor in settings to notepad++ first. edit/settings/file editing/use custom editor, select notepad++, and then set option below to always use default editor)
Telneted both to check, both are now US reg.
I use only litchi app, even after GPS lock both reg are still US.

Well done Mr Nasz :)

Its raining, so i cant go play. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Ojcze Nasz
Confirmed working firmware 1.3.5
Used win7 / filezilla / notepad ++ (all default settings)
Telneted both to check, both are now US reg.
I use only litchi app, even after GPS lock both reg are still US.

Well done Mr Nasz :)

Its raining, so i cant go play. :(

What does the iwinfo show ?
(it's raining here as well, can't do all testing as I wish)

What does the iwinfo show ?
(it's raining here as well, can't do all testing as I wish)
whats the correct command? im unfamiliar with the syntax, im just a web developer (iis).

iwinfo wlan0?

As anyone had successfully recovered their Phantom 3 standards and remote after bricking both after the FCC mod?
I have tried to recover the P3S with the latest firmware loaded on a Sd card; this just bleeped a lot. I may tried'earlier version of firmware.
The remote I can't do anything with, is there a service mode that the remote can be put in to? that can be connected to the remote via the USB port?
Other than I may enquire getting the PS3 sent back to DJI for a repair that I don't want to do:(

As anyone had successfully recovered their Phantom 3 standards and remote after bricking both after the FCC mod?
I have tried to recover the P3S with the latest firmware loaded on a Sd card; this just bleeped a lot. I may tried'earlier version of firmware.
The remote I can't do anything with, is there a service mode that the remote can be put in to? that can be connected to the remote via the USB port?
Other than I may enquire getting the PS3 sent back to DJI for a repair that I don't want to do:(

Probably be cheaper just buying another remote and pairing it. You would think there would be some special key combination to restore it, but no mention of one online :(

Bricked

As one tried to update they firmware on remote via USB poty, not too sure if this work on standards.

Updating the Remote Controller Firmware.

Note 1:IF you are on the 1.3.20 firmware, there is NO need to update the contorller.

Note 2: If the App always says there is an RC uodate, download firmware 1.3.20 for your particular model and use that to update the controller ONLY..

Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to atleast v1.2.0 before updating the remote controller (preferably to the latest version available). The System Status bar in Camera View of the DJI GO App will flash several times if a firmware update is available. Follow these steps to update the firmware via the DJI GO App.

Step 1- Check Battery, Internet access and mobile device storage space.

1. The remote controller has at least 50% battery level. The mobile device should have at least 50% also.
2. Your mobile device is able to access the internet.
3. There is at least 100MB of free space on your mobile device.

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware.

1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App.

The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.
[Insert RC Update Video Here]

2. Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware (below 1.3.20). If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:

a. Download the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The controller will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows SOLID BLUE to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows SOLID GREEN and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f. If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade the remote controller.

You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

Today I brought my p3s to the local dji certified repair service. They took it for the diagnostics but already gave me dissapointing forecast: most likely the whole remote controller and drone's motherboard(in case you've also done file editing in 192.168.1.2) should be replaced :( Though I have to wait for the final verdict for 5 days, but honestly I have almost no hopes for the positive solution

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.