P3S Drone/Bird Forced Firmware Downgrade - Working! - Might Help Bricks

Reaction score
So this may help out those with bricked birds. I can confirm that it does indeed work.

Download FW 1.5.7 - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

Pop it on your SD card.

Hold the Sync button on your bird/drone and power it on. Keep holding the Sync button for about another 10 seconds or so. You will here the FW beeps. The light on the front of the gimbal will blink Red/Green. Let go of the Sync button and wait. This process takes around 15 mins. Once completed it will give you a different set of beeps and the gimbal light will stay Green. Power it off and take out the SD card and check it for the text file from the FW. Here is what mine said. Mine was fully up to date @ 1.6.8 before

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

This has nothing to do with the RC, its just for the drone.

This also did help my range I was getting. My RC is at 1.6.8 and my drone is at 1.5.7 using the newest DJI GO App and I was able to get more distance then I have yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160628-194732.png
    Screenshot_20160628-194732.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,368
What type of range did you have and what are your getting now?

I'm getting okay range, but curious as to how much more I might get with firmware downgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What type of range did you have and what are your getting now?

I'm getting okay range, but curious as to how much more I might get with firmware downgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Somewhere around 600ft or so.

I'm going to give it a try. I did some experiments today and I'm definitely going alot less then I was before updating. I'm getting about 4000 ft before rth kicks in. I was getting further before updating. Can you update back to 1.6 if I'm not happy?

I'm going to give it a try. I did some experiments today and I'm definitely going alot less then I was before updating. I'm getting about 4000 ft before rth kicks in. I was getting further before updating. Can you update back to 1.6 if I'm not happy?

Yeah, my DJI GO App is yelling at me right now that there is an update and that I should install it. I am just ignoring that and flying for now.

like i said brain fart. So yeah got 1.5 on there. wont let me go any lower?? like back to 1.3? trying to find the thread from a month or two ago when i was able to go back that low. i drop in 1.4 and it wont take, cant get any lower than 1.5 now

First flight went 2750 m, but after that I could only get 1000 m to 1700 m. It is though the quad realized how far it went the first time and changed some code to limit it for future flights. I guess I could reinstall 1.5.7 and try it again and see what happens. Also, I am a little perplexed that the same flight plan, about the same time of day, will give such different distances before RTH kicks in.

hey guys.. need help. i am unable to downgrade. i did all as per above instruction. it still fails. any ideas. im stuck at 1.6.80 with horrible horrible range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen