Range variations with P3S

Reaction score
I have had my P3S for about 2 weeks and have made several flights. I have been reading all the problems people have with the 1.6.8 update but I went ahead and did it when I got my Phantom. The range of distances vary so much that it must have something to do with several things, i.e. the update, the person's area when flying, weather, etc. I live in southern Indiana and found a nice open place over a big cornfield with very little around it. I took the drone up to about 300 feet and went out just a little over 3000 feet before I even got a glitch in the signal. It said "Weak signal" and I chickened out and brought her back. I am just curious as to how other people get only a few hundred feet and lose signal. Just makes me curious! Thanks for reading my ramblings.

I have P3s with latest update was flying in vacant farmland and flew out to 2220m (7200 ft) had a windsurfer on the RC...happy with that distance.

Reactions: RDZDroneFlier
I have P3s with latest update was flying in vacant farmland and flew out to 2220m (7200 ft) had a windsurfer on the RC...happy with that distance.
that's spectacular...I live in urban area with lost of wifi signal and power line, my p3s flight range only aroung 450 ~ 500

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj