Range extender -- incredible!

Can't wait to try it. Furthest I have been able to go is 3300~3400'. So just about anything would be an improvement for me.

I must have a lot of interference in my area. 1600 was my limit before I got a weak signal warning

Ordered one of these printed/foil extenders for around $12 couple of weeks so. Finally had a chance to take it for a little test flight today.

That thing is magic. Went from 7000ft with signal loss to over 13,000ft with full bars and no loss of signal at all. Highly recommended!
And I see you have 73% batt. left! That's incredible... I went 13,000ft and used close to 50% batt.

I printed mine up about a month ago, then used aluminum tape on the curved surfaces. Got mine to go twice the distance easy.
tmp_13419-20150926_085005-482958731.jpg

Ordered one of these printed/foil extenders for around $12 couple of weeks so. Finally had a chance to take it for a little test flight today.

That thing is magic. Went from 7000ft with signal loss to over 13,000ft with full bars and no loss of signal at all. Highly recommended!

Please excuse a newbie response. If inappropriate, i will delete. I have a Phantom vision 2 that is "disconnecting at abour 200 feet both vertical and downrange. I think it is camera only. Seems to reconnect when I bring it in closer. Is that a wifi problem, and if so what is a good fix? I'm learning, but this one I don't quite understand.

Hello All,
Just wanted to let all the people know that were thinking of getting a Windsurfer to extend there range that they are on Sale now! at my website (I offer 3 styles of windsurfers) and also comes with a FREE GIFT! ($10.00 Value) for when your not using your windsurfer.
View attachment 31936
My windsurfers come fully assembled with reflective tape already on the windsurfer (It can be tricky not to get air bubbles when applying the reflective material) 2 - extra strips of reflective tape incase you damage the reflective surface. 2 - Locking clips to help keep everything in place & Instructions. I smooth out & Vapor seal the windsurfer surface to get the best Quality, Performance & life out of the part.View attachment 31937

Each of my windsurfers can take you passed 3+ miles with Optimal conditions. This entre process takes 3.5 hours but worth it. Orders Typically ships out in 3 days.

View attachment 31924 View attachment 31925
View attachment 31926 View attachment 31927

You also get a FREE Antenna spacer to use when your not using your windsurfer. It Slips over the ends of your Antennas to keep them parallel to prevent them from getting knocked out of alignment during flight allowing for Max range & uninterrupted video/signal. Also, its a great help when making adjustments during flight and it looks great!
View attachment 31933
View attachment 31934

These Top Quality items are and more can be found here: Dynamic 3D Solutions

Thanks again
~Dave~
very nice

I fly in a area that is relatively free of noise and therefore my video quality is not the issue.... it's my battery time. For those of you who are getting really good range, what battery mods (if any) have you done?

Without any "booster devices" I can fly to 3500m or 11500ft. It was clear line of sight along a beach. I had full video and control using an Airpad 2.

Reactions: david wettlaufer
Please excuse a newbie response. If inappropriate, i will delete. I have a Phantom vision 2 that is "disconnecting at abour 200 feet both vertical and downrange. I think it is camera only. Seems to reconnect when I bring it in closer. Is that a wifi problem, and if so what is a good fix? I'm learning, but this one I don't quite understand.
This question probably should be in the Phantom 2 Vision forum, but my P2V acted that way when I had preview resolution set high - like 640x480. If I set it down to a lower setting the problem went away.

Ordered one last week from Ebay ( China) I only heard great things about these! I took my P3P out over the ocean yesterday.. Over 5000' away @200' Height, NO signal loss.. Cant wait to try it when I get it from China.. Ill report back here once it arrives!

Just got 19500 feet at 400 feet high over country side. No break up on the way. Broke up as soon as I turned around and never regained signal until I got to 16000 feet. This is around 3.7 mile. Amazing.

Reactions: williamjamesfpv
@Dronebow its just a reflector. So it helps direct more signal forward removing it from the rear so the antenna is no longer omni-directional.

If they get in the way with your tablet then flip the antennas down. The important part is the side of antenna is pointing towards the Phantom.

Hello All,
Just wanted to let all the people know that were thinking of getting a Windsurfer to extend there range that they are on Sale now! at my website (I offer 3 styles of windsurfers) and also comes with a FREE GIFT! ($10.00 Value) for when your not using your windsurfer.
View attachment 31936
My windsurfers come fully assembled with reflective tape already on the windsurfer (It can be tricky not to get air bubbles when applying the reflective material) 2 - extra strips of reflective tape incase you damage the reflective surface. 2 - Locking clips to help keep everything in place & Instructions. I smooth out & Vapor seal the windsurfer surface to get the best Quality, Performance & life out of the part.View attachment 31937

Each of my windsurfers can take you passed 3+ miles with Optimal conditions. This entre process takes 3.5 hours but worth it. Orders Typically ships out in 3 days.

View attachment 31924 View attachment 31925
View attachment 31926 View attachment 31927

You also get a FREE Antenna spacer to use when your not using your windsurfer. It Slips over the ends of your Antennas to keep them parallel to prevent them from getting knocked out of alignment during flight allowing for Max range & uninterrupted video/signal. Also, its a great help when making adjustments during flight and it looks great!
View attachment 31933
View attachment 31934

These Top Quality items are and more can be found here: Dynamic 3D Solutions

Thanks again
~Dave~

Dave is one of the BEST sellers on Ebay! Stand up seller and products are high Quality!

Reactions: david wettlaufer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20