quickrelease from dronexpert and new 5,8GHz rc transmitter

Re: quickrelease from dronexpert and new 5,8GHz rc transmit

erikgraham said:
No reply yet from DroneExpert.

I have the new rc transmitter from DJI, it works fine with quick release, but the tilt function works only with fcc200 camera sleeve, I can tilt through the app. Dronexpert working on it and will be coming soon. I fly with no new RC transmitter works great. got mail from dronexpert regarding the new rc transmitter, read below

Attachments

• DSC_0092.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC_0093.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 558

Well thats pretty definitive. So to sum everything up:

Description:
=========
The Quickrelease (from DroneExpert.nl) allows you to quickly swap out the gimbal and camera on Phantom 2 Vision+. You will also need to order an appropriate Connector Sleeve for each camera/gimbal you want to use.

Here is what you need:
===================
1. Quickrelease for DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (€249)
2. At least one of the following Connector Sleeves:
** Vision+ Connector/Sleeve (€49) - for the camera and gimbal that came with the Vision Plus. Image\Video quality: Good
** Zenmuse Connector/Sleeve (€49) - for attaching a GoPro. Image\Video quality: Better
** RX100II/III mount (€599) - not released yet. For the Sony X100 and possibly some other cameras. Image\Video quality: Best

It is unclear why the RX100 mount is so much more expensive. It might be the price for an older product that isn't compatible with Quickrelease. When the Quickrelease version is available, I'd expect the price to be in the €49 range. Fingers crossed. (Image quality of RX100: http://dronexpert.nl/rx100-examples/)

Where to buy:
===========
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

Key Features:
===========
* Works seamlessly with iPhone and Android apps. In other words, you get streaming video and camera control.

* Pretty easy to install. 4 screws and 3 cables to plug in. No soldering. No opening up the case. http://dronexpert.nl/quickrelease-installation-guide/

* Probably the easiest way there is to upgrade your camera to a GoPro and still get video streaming to your iPhone.

* Once Quickrelease is installed, its easy and fast to swap out cameras and gimbals. Thus the name "QuickRelease".

How it works:
===========
The Quickrelease is a little plastic box that you mount to the bottom of your Vision Plus. The cables that normally go from the Phantom into your gimbal and camera, are plugged into the Quickrelease instead. Once you have that set up, all you need to do is clip on a Connector Sleeve with whatever gimbal/camera setup you want to use.

Once the Quickrelease is wired between the Phantom and the gimbal/camera, it can "intercept" and "translate" commands for camera functions like tilt and record. In the other direction, it passes live video from the camera up to the Phantom. The Phantom doesn't know its getting video from a different camera... it just beams it back to the the iPhone using its built in wifi transmitter. Similarly, the DJI Vision iPhone app doesn't know anything is out of the ordinary - so everything just works normally.

New 5.8Ghz Remote Control (with tilt dial):
====================================
As of Nov 5th 2014, the Quickrelease partially works with the new controller. There *may* be issues with the tilt dial on the new remote. The Company says they'll fix any issues via a software update - once they've gotten their hands on the new remote.

erikgraham thanks for the update!! I just received my Quickrelease for for both the GoPro and Phantom camera's. Was waiting for the dust to settle on the new upgrades from DJI and it seems the Phantom camera is not an issue. Have the GoPro 3 but do not have the to have not installed them Zenmuse gimbals still looking to purchase one. Has anyone experience any issues with the GoPro wifi interfering with the Vision contol ?

Do both the Phantom camera and Go pro record to the phantom internal micro memory card? I guess the video with the go pro would go to the go pro micro card but once you put the quick release on does the stock camera still recored to the internal phantom micro memory card.

The GoPro will record to the GoPro's internal memory card.
The Vision+ camera will record to its memory card (which is in the gimbal housing).

Meaning that for either set up, you do the same thing you've always done - retrieve the video via USB from the camera/phantom after you land.

The live streaming video that is broadcast to your iPhone is a different story. That livestream (as opposed to what get recorded on the memory card) is just for viewing during flight on your phone. The Quickrelease allows you to intercept the livestream from a GoPro and reroute it through your Phantom's existing wifi transmitter back to your phone. This saves you the trouble of having to install a separate FPV solution for live streaming, which requires opening up the Phantom case and probably soldering wires, and which may or may not interfere with your Phantom's built in wireless.

But for the video that the camera records, that is still on the memory cards and gets retrieved (and edited) later.

bcass1 said:
Do both the Phantom camera and Go pro record to the phantom internal micro memory card? I guess the video with the go pro would go to the go pro micro card but once you put the quick release on does the stock camera still recored to the internal phantom micro memory card.
There's no card internal to the Phantom. The card is in the gimbal for the P2V+.

Any updates on this from anyone?

I never received a reply from them regarding the new remote, but based on the email they sent to another poster in this thread, I went ahead and ordered the QuickRelease because I'm suitably confident that eventually they will release a fix for the tilt dial.

I'm still waiting for my QuickRelease to be delivered. It took me awhile to get my new 5.8ghz controller working, but now it is working and it's great. I'd hate to have to go back to the old controller.

What is the shipping cost to the U.S. on this package, if I may ask?

$40 shipping to the US.

Also, if you are using the GoPro3, because it does not use the new Smart Remote system of the GoPro4, you can't use the wifi on the GP3 to control the camera - it will still interfere with the wifi going to the Phantom from the remote. the GP4 has a bluetooth option - not sure what the range is but it can't be that far. I'm going to be ordering a GoPro4 to use on the Zenmuse gimbal for that reason. Even if the bluetooth range is only 30 feet, its easier to start and stop recording during flight at least to some degree or take time lapsed stills. Still not sure how well the bluetooth is going to work until I test it.

DrTelemark said:
$40 shipping to the US.

Also, if you are using the GoPro3, because it does not use the new Smart Remote system of the GoPro4, you can't use the wifi on the GP3 to control the camera - it will still interfere with the wifi going to the Phantom from the remote. the GP4 has a bluetooth option - not sure what the range is but it can't be that far. I'm going to be ordering a GoPro4 to use on the Zenmuse gimbal for that reason. Even if the bluetooth range is only 30 feet, its easier to start and stop recording during flight at least to some degree or take time lapsed stills. Still not sure how well the bluetooth is going to work until I test it.

Yes you need to turn of wifi on the GoPro so it doesn't not interfere, but you don't need to worry about blue tooth etc.

When you use the QuickRelease you can control the Hero from the DJI app, just as you can control the stock DJI camera and gimbal from the app.

I asked for an update on the new RC tilt wheel and the GoPro, and yesterday they said:
Yes we have modified firmware and tested it yesterday, and it works fine. We just want to do some extra tests. We have planned to release it monday,
I have the new RC, and the tilt wheel works great with the VIsion+ camera. I am just waiting for them to release firmware that supports tilting of the GoPro.

InterMurph said:
I asked for an update on the new RC tilt wheel and the GoPro, and yesterday they said:
Yes we have modified firmware and tested it yesterday, and it works fine. We just want to do some extra tests. We have planned to release it monday,
I have the new RC, and the tilt wheel works great with the VIsion+ camera. I am just waiting for them to release firmware that supports tilting of the GoPro.

When will it then have sent the mail, but received no response. tilt wheel seems very touchy, Suddenly goes the opposite way. Have calibrated. Tilt wheel works but can not give full effect, today the camera the other way. :)

I got the updated firmware from Dronexpert.nl:

http://bit.ly/1wuCtrN

I installed it (pay close attention to the instructions), recalibrated the wheel and the gimbal, and it seems to work fine. I'm going to try to fly it this afternoon.

InterMurph said:
I got the updated firmware from Dronexpert.nl:

http://bit.ly/1wuCtrN

I installed it (pay close attention to the instructions), recalibrated the wheel and the gimbal, and it seems to work fine. I'm going to try to fly it this afternoon.

After the last V55 update, this works absolutely great. received and upgraded zenmuse H3-3D in Phantom 2 + Vision Assistant Software v3.6 :)

Why did you have to post this?!?!?!?[emoji23][emoji23] I have been trying to talk myself out of this $700+ investment, and this makes it pretty much impossible!!! Anyone wanna buy my stock P2V+ gimbal?? Lol

aggiesrwe03 said:
Why did you have to post this?!?!?!?[emoji23][emoji23] I have been trying to talk myself out of this $700+ investment, and this makes it pretty much impossible!!! Anyone wanna buy my stock P2V+ gimbal?? Lol

I'm with you there. It may not be hard to sell one though given the number of crashes you hear about :)

I have a P2v+ v2.0, which I am about to sell. The main reason was to jump to something with 4k like the gopro w/ h3-3d and at the same time, get the 3.0 upgrades (props,esc,motor,controller,etc) This was leading me to a non vision + but I think I might just get another P2 vision + and get this kit which would allow the live feed from go pro to my phone :p The only thing I wonder is if drone expert will ever figure out a way to get the photos to work via the app instead of using the BT go pro remote, then I would be 100% satisfied, the dronin kit is pretty cool as well.

Since the analog video out of the gopro is converted to digital and sent via wifi to the app, is it safe to assume that any video latency would still be an issue with using a gopro?

Yes, you can expect the same latency that the Vision 2 Plus has if you use the GoPro, since the data is following the same path after the camera.

The usual way to get lower latency is to bypass wifi and use video transmitters that broadcast the analog NTSC signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr