Phantom 4 pro gimble moving left ever so slightly

Reaction score
So I noticed this with my Phamton 4 pro. When ever I go to take a picture or really look at the square in the middle to setup a shot I notice ever so slightly the camera or drone moves to the left and doesn't stop. It's hard to notice but I'll see the green box in picture box moves to the left very very slowly. The pictures it take are amazing and it fly's great. I'm just wondering what this issue or if it's just mean being a new pilot. Also I forgot to mention If I let go of all controls I can still notice it. I have calibrated the Gimble and did the IMU calibration I'm in GPS Mode and have 17 satellites with no wind . Maybe I'm totally overreacting about this. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

You aren’t the only one. I think the movement you’re describing I have seen in several of the DJI pieces I have.

It happens for me with my P4P+V1, if I give it a touch of right yaw it will stop doing it, I have been thinking to do an RX cal to see if it will fix it.

So I noticed this with my Phamton 4 pro. When ever I go to take a picture or really look at the square in the middle to setup a shot I notice ever so slightly the camera or drone moves to the left and doesn't stop. It's hard to notice but I'll see the green box in picture box moves to the left very very slowly. The pictures it take are amazing and it fly's great. I'm just wondering what this issue or if it's just mean being a new pilot. Also I forgot to mention If I let go of all controls I can still notice it. I have calibrated the Gimble and did the IMU calibration I'm in GPS Mode and have 17 satellites with no wind . Maybe I'm totally overreacting about this. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.
This may be a yaw drifting problem that has been discussed on numerous threads. Try searching the forums for it. I thought it was only the V2 though.

As previous posters have alluded to it, its the yawing during hover issue. My P4 Pro Vr 2.0 will most times move to the left during hovering, and if yawing for a video, when I stop the motion, it will most times move backwards.

It's an issue that's been there on the Vr 20 from day 1. No firmware has been released on the P4 V2.0 since 10/24/18 that I a aware of, net DJI is no longer working on any updates or fixes for the Phantom line.

I agree, excellent camera, but less than stellar stability. IMU calibration may help briefly, but eventually it will start again.

Paul C

Just a thought; I have had this same issue repairing the P4's when I get a yaw motor that has overheated at some point. After removing the motor drum, the sensors look perfect but there is a glaze of slightly molten wire coating on a few of the motor lugs. New motors don't have the glaze. Once the coating has melted, even slightly, the motor won't perform as it should. The same issue is even more prevalent with the pitch motors. If you have a "soft" crash that prevents the gimbal from moving, and it takes you a while to get to the drone, it can overheat the gimbal motors. I understand that most pilots don't have the inclination to disassemble the gimbal, but that's where the warranty may come in handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20