DJI vs. Galaxy S7 GPS count / (7 vs.22)

PSL

Reaction score
Lately I noticed that sometimes my DJI cant go to GPS mode.
To say the true, I dont remember how many satellites I had before , always was in P-GPS, but yestarday I was in mountains and drone was able to see olny 4 GPS (had clear sky). I changed location (about 30 kilometers) and again 4-5 GPS. While my galaxy smartphone and GPS Test Application was counting 14 GPS. Today I'm not in mountains, in open area, DJI goes to GPS mode, but can see only 7-8GPS (my smartphone sees 22 GPS and 12 is in use) . Is it normal for DJI 3 Standard? Why Samsung smartphone sees 2-3 times more GPS then DJI drone? How many GPS do you usually have? What is maximum amount you ever had? :)

P.S.
A couple a days ago I had a accident (unsuccessful landing because of not very flat rocky surface, two propellers were broken) . Could this little crash damage GPS system of DJI 3 Standard?

I was in mountains and drone was able to see olny 4 GPS (had clear sky). I changed location (about 30 kilometers) and again 4-5 GPS. While my galaxy smartphone and GPS Test Application was counting 14 GPS. Today I'm not in mountains, in open area, DJI goes to GPS mode, but can see only 7-8GPS (my smartphone sees 22 GPS and 12 is in use) . Is it normal for DJI 3 Standard? Why Samsung smartphone sees 2-3 times more GPS then DJI drone? How many GPS do you usually have? What is maximum amount you ever had?
Your Samsung receives signal from three different GPS systems, GPS, GLONASS and BDS.
Your P3 Standard only receives signals from the American GPS system so it's always going to receive less sats than the Samsung.
If the Phantom isn't getting >6 sats when in an open area with a full skyview, something is wrong with it.

Reactions: PSL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl