Questions from a nube

Reaction score
Just started flying a Phantom 3 4K a couple of weeks ago. Am having a blast intermixed with the occasional moments of terror. I have a few questions that hopefully some out there have answers for...

1. When flying on a bright day it is extremely difficult to see the screen of my iphone or ipad. Without thinking I'll rotate around trying to find a shadow and of course lose contact with the phantom (moment of terror). I know there are some 3rd party blinders out there. Do they help and any recommendations as to what works best?

2. Do the parabolic reflectors improve connectivity reliability with the phantom?

3. I've started using Litchi and like many of it's features. However I do not know how to set the home point through Litchi nor do I understand what HOME LOCK or HEADING LOCK does. Any help here?

Concerning point 3:
  1. Home Lock: When enabled, moving the right joystick down (mode 2) will bring the aircraft back to the home point regardless of its current heading.
  2. Course Lock: When enabled, moving the right joystick up/down (mode 2) will move the aircraft forward/backward in the direction defined by its heading at the time Course Lock was enabled.

When Home Lock activated and the right joystick is moved down does the aircraft return home and land or does it maintain its current altitude and hover once over the home point?

Thanks

Also, see: Help - Litchi
  1. Home Point: Shows the home point location on the map. To set a new home point, drag this marker to another location. You must be flying in order to move the Home Point.

Reactions: gvsukids
When Home Lock activated and the right joystick is moved down does the aircraft return home and land or does it maintain its current altitude and hover once over the home point?

Thanks
don't know... regardless of the orientation, it'll come in a straight line to the homepoint (as long as you move down)... not sure what it does when the home point is reached.

Flatwoods -- welcome to the PhantomPilots Forum family.!

For a wealth of information check out msinger's PhantomHelp.com

Be sure to check the P34K box at the top. There is information there that covers everything Phantom. He is a regular on the forum also, and will help any way he can.

Blue Skies and Calm Winds Flatwoods !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks
I believe once it's over the home point it simply hovers at that spot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Just started flying a Phantom 3 4K a couple of weeks ago. Am having a blast intermixed with the occasional moments of terror. I have a few questions that hopefully some out there have answers for...

1. When flying on a bright day it is extremely difficult to see the screen of my iphone or ipad. Without thinking I'll rotate around trying to find a shadow and of course lose contact with the phantom (moment of terror). I know there are some 3rd party blinders out there. Do they help and any recommendations as to what works best?

2. Do the parabolic reflectors improve connectivity reliability with the phantom?

3. I've started using Litchi and like many of it's features. However I do not know how to set the home point through Litchi nor do I understand what HOME LOCK or HEADING LOCK does. Any help here?
Item 1: I use a hood over my iPad Air 2 and it works well.
Item 2: No idea, but when using your regular antenna you should always make sure they are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the aircraft.
Item 3: Pretty much covered already, except why you would use it. When using Home or Heading lock you have the advantage of pointing the camera any direction you want without affecting the direction of travel. Think of it as a zip line where you can look any direction you want.

Hope this helps.

I don't use a hood, just adjust the dial for visiblity
But the dial is for changing camera settings, not for display settings. If you crank up the exposure to the point you can see it clearly on your screen then your photos or video will be overexposed.

Also, see: Help - Litchi
  1. Home Point: Shows the home point location on the map. To set a new home point, drag this marker to another location. You must be flying in order to move the Home Point.
What establishes the home point initially in Litchi and is there any way to set it to current position of aircraft (before flight) or current position of controller?

But the dial is for changing camera settings, not for display settings. If you crank up the exposure to the point you can see it clearly on your screen then your photos or video will be overexposed.
Not like you would think with filters. And if you record them in RAW, all that is correctable in Photoshop and LightRoom.

Item 3: Pretty much covered already, except why you would use it. When using Home or Heading lock you have the advantage of pointing the camera any direction you want without affecting the direction of travel. Think of it as a zip line where you can look any direction you want.

Is the zip line horizontal under Home Lock or angled from current altitude to the home point altitude?

when flying in homelock it will stop before it gets to you there is a buffer where it want come to close

What establishes the home point initially in Litchi and is there any way to set it to current position of aircraft (before flight) or current position of controller?
NO and NO to both questions. With Litchi there's no way to set the home point, just does it automatically once you power up and has a GPS lock. The only thing you can do is drag it to a new spot. A pain for me because half the time my tablet thinks I'm trying to drag the map, not the icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31