Pulled the trigger on new Mavic 2 Pro

Reaction score
I bought the new Mavic 2 Pro this morning (with fly more kit and care refresh). Got the Hasselblad version. It “seems” as though the camera system is as good or better than my P4P In a much smaller form factor, so why not.

Oh and I’ve been drinking. Heavily.

IMG_7033.jpg

I bought the new Mavic 2 Pro this morning (with fly more kit and care refresh). Got the Hasselblad version. It “seems” as though the camera system is as good or better than my P4P In a much smaller form factor, so why not.

Oh and I’ve been drinking. Heavily.

View attachment 102643
Congrats!... Although Your P4P can do 60fps at 4K, has a mechanical shutter and can shoot true CHD 4K... The Mavic isn't necessarily better, although 14 stops of dynamic range is better.

But the Mavic 2 pro has made me question what DJI are up to considering in 9/10 scenarios the MP2 is better for its price point. Why would anyone buy a P4 Pro now, let alone a P4Pro V2

Reactions: ravedog
It’s interesting that their website still doesn’t have all the specs up especially for the camera.

Specs aside: will just have to see how it does compatibly for stills. It has to be as good or it goes back.

Specs aside: will just have to see how it does compatibly for stills. It has to be as good or it goes back.
I think it'll be as good for stills, maybe better because of a higher dynamic range. Just not for moving objects though because of the shutter type.

So it’s probably been hashed to death here, but can someone capsulize the differences in the shutters when it comes to still photography?

So it’s probably been hashed to death here, but can someone capsulize the differences in the shutters when it comes to still photography?

Rolling shutter is the same problem in still photo as in video:

Rolling_vs_Global2.jpg

While hoovering, it's not a serious problem, but if you plan taking burst stills for a survey while the aircraft is moving fast, it will create artifacts.

Last edited:
Rolling shutter is the same problem in still photo as in video:

Rolling_vs_Global2.jpg

While hoovering, it's not a serious problem, but if you plan taking burst stills for a survey while the aircraft is moving fast, it will create artifacts.

Thanks fir that. I’m looking back at all my stuff and I always do still life. So it shouldn’t affect me. BUT....

Im definitely going to get one. Will sell my mavic pro to offset the cost. Probably wait a little while but will have one within the next few months.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic