PS3S loses GPS signal and goes to ATTI mode in flight

Reaction score
My PS3S won't stay locked on GPS, it flips to ATTI mode on its own. This is with at least 5 satalite signals and in an open field. I recalibrate the compas and still the same thing happens. Any suggestions ????

Reactions: dadsde1
This is with at least 5 satalite signals
5 Sats are too few for proper GPS Lock. If we can see the flight data we can tell you what is going on possibly. This doesnt sound like a compass issue, but could be. No way to know without data. You can upload the .txt log file from the flight to the link below. If you need assistance with review, there are many here that can do that for you. If you upload the data, share a link back here to the upload.

Log Viewer

No I have not but I will certainly give it a try.
An IMU cal could help, however, from your description it does not sound like an IMU issue. Low sat counts in general are not corrected by that. Although granted it is possible.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
No I have not but I will certainly give it a try. Very much appreciated:)

If by chance it doesn't solve the issue, I'd go with FlyDawg's recommendation and upload the .txt file to the link.

The information provided by that data will tell you everything that's going on with the bird.

There are a bunch of really smart members here (much smarter than me) who will diagnose your issue and help you solve any problems.

Good luck.[emoji106]

My PS3S won't stay locked on GPS, it flips to ATTI mode on its own. This is with at least 5 satalite signals and in an open field. I recalibrate the compas and still the same thing happens. Any suggestions ????
Are you usually acquiring >5 GPS sats out in the open?
You should be getting 9-12.
If you are only getting low sat numbers, that might be an indication of the problem.
The first thing you need to do is work out if your Phantom has a GPS satellite reception problem or if there is another factor that's causing an issue.

The GPS signal doesnt even turn green until like 9 satellites. I Wait to take off until it turns from yellow to green.

GPS needs a clear view of the sky to acquire the satellites it needs. Any vegetation with water in it (anything that is not almost dead) and buildings will either totally or partially block the GPS signal. Note that the satellites used are scattered all over the sky and constantly moving making it impossible without instant satellite info to predict cover at a given time and location. A good way to get some idea of the adequacy of a site is to launch and go straight up noting the satellite count as you climb. If the count increases as you climb and get more clearance on the terrestrial objects, the location is suspect.

The drone logs will also give detailed information as to the health of the GPS link over time in detail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic