PS3 Never came home, DJI wants logs that I cant find

Reaction score
I sent my Standard on a waypoint mission via litchi, it never made it home. It was a simple mission, fly about 3000 feet in a straight line and then come home. I lost signal and have not been able to find it. In the off chance I would find someone at DJI that would toss me a bone I called them( I have DJI care) they have asked me to upload the logs. I they found that it was the drones error, they would replace it, if not, they would hook me up with a discounted one. I did so and got this response.

We would like to request you to extract directly the WHOLE FLIGHT RECORD FOLDER including the MCDatFlight Folder and CACHED VIDEO on the Day of Incident from your mobile device for further analysis and reply to this email with it as an attachment so we will be able to proceed with the data analysis.

I could not find the MCDatFlight Folder and there is no Cached Video of the flight because I was using Litchi, so I sent them the Flight Recored Folder and Cached Video folder and got this response

we are sorry for that since you can’t provide the incident flight video records, we couldn’t confirm the existence of the flight incident, due to this reason, the data analysis is not available. If you can find and provide us the fly lost record, we can help to check and analyze, otherwise we are not able to offer warranty service. We are sorry for what happened. Thanks for your time

So I send them EVERYTHING from both Litchi and DJI, but I still don't see the MCDatFlight folder.

Anyone have any experience with DJI and Lichi? Also, here is what I sent them if anyone is interested

Dropbox - PS3 Logs

Here is the flight.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I have spend 3 days now looking for the done, cant find it. I also took out my selfie drone to check the top of the buildings and nothing. Thanks in advance

Looks like it hit the roof on Front line college. In google earth the college may be higher than the take off point and airdata says max alt was 115ft. So by the time it was passing "through" the college it may have hit the roof.

It went into ATTI mode at 12mph.

3D view:
P3S lost A.png
P3S lost B.png

As noted above, you may have slammed into the college building which would explain the data coming to an abrupt halt. I think the MCDatFlight folder they are asking for is the .DAT file on the drone that needs to be recovered for analysis (a requirement when using Litchi).

we are sorry for that since you can’t provide the incident flight video records, we couldn’t confirm the existence of the flight incident, due to this reason, the data analysis is not available. If you can find and provide us the fly lost record, we can help to check and analyze, otherwise we are not able to offer warranty service. We are sorry for what happened. Thanks for your time
DJI want to see DJI flight data and aren't interested in Litchi files.
If you flew Litchi, the only DJI data file you could show them is the one in the Phantom. Without that, you won't get much from DJI.

The Pitch, Roll and Yaw data from your flight data confirm that the Phantom hit an obstacle and tumbled but probably didn't fall to the ground.
The take-home message about ensuring waypoints and RTH height are sufficiently high to clear any potential obstacles should be obvious.

I sent my Standard on a waypoint mission via litchi, it never made it home. It was a simple mission, fly about 3000 feet in a straight line and then come home. I lost signal and have not been able to find it. In the off chance I would find someone at DJI that would toss me a bone I called them( I have DJI care) they have asked me to upload the logs. I they found that it was the drones error, they would replace it, if not, they would hook me up with a discounted one. I did so and got this response.

We would like to request you to extract directly the WHOLE FLIGHT RECORD FOLDER including the MCDatFlight Folder and CACHED VIDEO on the Day of Incident from your mobile device for further analysis and reply to this email with it as an attachment so we will be able to proceed with the data analysis.

I could not find the MCDatFlight Folder and there is no Cached Video of the flight because I was using Litchi, so I sent them the Flight Recored Folder and Cached Video folder and got this response

So I send them EVERYTHING from both Litchi and DJI, but I still don't see the MCDatFlight folder.

Anyone have any experience with DJI and Lichi? Also, here is what I sent them if anyone is interested

Dropbox - PS3 Logs

Here is the flight.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I have spend 3 days now looking for the done, cant find it. I also took out my selfie drone to check the top of the buildings and nothing. Thanks in advance

Seeing as Litchi is unofficial software not warranted by DJI I don't think they'll honour the warranty at all...

They can easily point the finger at the Litchi software because it is from a third party.

Seeing as Litchi is unofficial software not warranted by DJI I don't think they'll honour the warranty at all...

They can easily point the finger at the Litchi software because it is from a third party.
Litchi an authorised third party software developer as part of the DJI SDK arrangement. The problem is that for DJI to honour any warranty claims, they need the drone to retrieve the .DAT file, information that is not available from Litchi flight information.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Meta4
If you're going to fly missions out of LOS, you might consider a GPS tracker for your next drone. Sorry for your loss.

I don’t think it did crash into that building, the reason is the last image I retrieved was it flying back.

I don’t think it did crash into that building, the reason is the last image I retrieved was it flying back.

It had turned around, directly over the building, but it lost a foot or two of altitude in the maneuver and it had only moved 3 feet back towards home when it hit 10 seconds later. I'm afraid that it is quite clear that it did hit the roof of the building.

2017-10-08_16-05-38_v2.png

Reactions: Iancognito87
2m 15.9s Waypoints 11satellites 113.0ft 20.7mph 3,301.7ft
2m 16.4s Waypoints 11satellites 114.0ft 2.9mph 3,339.6ft

In less than 1 second a screeching halt. Maximum distance 3341 feet. Then gradual acceleration and a few feet shorter distance, so it could have been headed back, however, it was also losing altitude.

I would look at the Litchi mission settings. Any chance you can share the mission? The settings changed to Atti? Does Litchi do that at the end of a mission?

It had turned around, directly over the building, but it lost a foot or two of altitude in the maneuver and it had only moved 3 feet back towards home when it hit 10 seconds later. I'm afraid that it is quite clear that it did hit the roof of the building.

View attachment 89684

View attachment 89684

I think this explains it. It's Up On The Roof.

2m 15.9s Waypoints 11satellites 113.0ft 20.7mph 3,301.7ft
2m 16.4s Waypoints 11satellites 114.0ft 2.9mph 3,339.6ft

In less than 1 second a screeching halt. Maximum distance 3341 feet. Then gradual acceleration and a few feet shorter distance, so it could have been headed back, however, it was also losing altitude.

I would look at the Litchi mission settings. Any chance you can share the mission? The settings changed to Atti? Does Litchi do that at the end of a mission?

The switch to ATTI was at 149.2 seconds, after impact.

I took another drone and flew around the roof to see if I could find it, I did not see it up there. Maybe I will look harder. If I can find the drone I can use my DJI care, but that won’t help if I can’t find the drone.

I took another drone and flew around the roof to see if I could find it, I did not see it up there. Maybe I will look harder. If I can find the drone I can use my DJI care, but that won’t help if I can’t find the drone.

Hope you find it. Also interested in how DJI handles it, especially when Litchi is involved.

Reactions: francoism

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1