PS3 Never came home, DJI wants logs that I cant find

Hope you find it. Also interested in how DJI handles it, especially when Litchi is involved.

DJI presumably has the same information that we have been looking at, so they are going to come to the same conclusion if they analyze it - it was flown into a building due to pilot error.

DJI presumably has the same information that we have been looking at, so they are going to come to the same conclusion if they analyze it - it was flown into a building due to pilot error.
Which mean that when pilot error is at fault... Warranty is non existent. ;)

Got an email from them today saying because I was using Litchi I am up the creek in regards to warranty. Not sure if there is a difference between Warranty and DJI care in their mind. Today I am going to go to the school and ask permission to get on the roof. I have a list of mistakes that I made that I will post later.

So this is how this story ends.. I go over to the college today to see if they will let me up on the roof, thinking if I get up there I can do a better search. When I get to the office, there is my drone sitting on the guys desk. He confirmed that it was up there. So thanks everyone for looking at the data, you were all correct. The done is not damaged, I think.. I have not started it up yet. It had some prop damage, so it must of not hit anything too hard, and no damage to anything else. Litchi was set to record, but for some reason I can not play this file in particular. The .mp4 file that I recorded that same day plays fine, but this one may be corrupt.

Its here if anyone wants to play with it and see what I hit, I can't get it to play on my Mac or PC using VLC

Dropbox - DJI_0029.MP4

Lessons learned.... anyone want to recommend a GPS tracker :)

So this is how this story ends.. I go over to the college today to see if they will let me up on the roof, thinking if I get up there I can do a better search. When I get to the office, there is my drone sitting on the guys desk. He confirmed that it was up there. So thanks everyone for looking at the data, you were all correct. The done is not damaged, I think.. I have not started it up yet. It had some prop damage, so it must of not hit anything too hard, and no damage to anything else. Litchi was set to record, but for some reason I can not play this file in particular. The .mp4 file that I recorded that same day plays fine, but this one may be corrupt.

Its here if anyone wants to play with it and see what I hit, I can't get it to play on my Mac or PC using VLC

Dropbox - DJI_0029.MP4

Lessons learned.... anyone want to recommend a GPS tracker :)
Great news! Try putting the SD card back in the quad, power it up with Go app running. Record for a few seconds then stop recording. Shut off quad as usual and check the card again.

What did the staff say about finding the drone?

Try inserting SD card, turning on AC, waiting 30 secs, and turning off the AC. That might repair the file.

I think trackimo 3G is probably the best GPS tracker, unless you want a 2G tracker, then you have some options.

Try inserting SD card, turning on AC, waiting 30 secs, and turning off the AC. That might repair the file.

I think trackimo 3G is probably the best GPS tracker, unless you want a 2G tracker, then you have some options.
2G trackers are useless in the USA since they powered down the 2G spectrum.

I took another drone and flew around the roof to see if I could find it, I did not see it up there. Maybe I will look harder. If I can find the drone I can use my DJI care, but that won’t help if I can’t find the drone.
you may want to go in the college and ask to speak with facilities maintenance someone may have seen it crash and Maint. may have gone on the roof to recover it. I got an airplane back that way that my son crashed into an AC unit on a roof while FPV flying.

you may want to go in the college and ask to speak with facilities maintenance someone may have seen it crash and Maint. may have gone on the roof to recover it. I got an airplane back that way that my son crashed into an AC unit on a roof while FPV flying.
Read here - #24

yeah just saw that didn't see this post had a second page till I posted

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Cool, I will try the power on power off trick and let you guys know. The security guard was like "Here you go" and just handed me my drone. I asked where exactly it was when they found it and he did not know. I did notice a ding on one of the arms, but nothing devastating. I won't be able to do a full test to see until I get back.

Got an email from them today saying because I was using Litchi I am up the creek in regards to warranty. Not sure if there is a difference between Warranty and DJI care in their mind. Today I am going to go to the school and ask permission to get on the roof. I have a list of mistakes that I made that I will post later.
The difference, in DJI’s mind, between warranty and DJI care- who knows which one of them is doing the thinking. In reality- if you have the busted AC to provide it will be fixed under warranty if the onboard flight log reveals hardware/software issue and it’s within warranty period. If you have the AC and you messed up DJI care will cover it if you pay the specified amount and you haven’t busted a couple already and claimed under the policy. If you don’t have the AC no DJI care. If you fly with the GO app and have the log file which DJI uses to determine hardware/firmware issue warranty will apply. 3rd party app log files aren’t accepted by DJI.

Glad to hear you found it. You may want to check with Litchi. If the loss was caused by them maybe they'll help with repairs if needed.

Must have been a compass error from that metal roof....

I think he was too low. The entire video runs 1:45. I posted snaps from the final few seconds. I'm working on a solution to getting a URL. I may try uploading to PhantomFilmSchool Facebook page. They're all about Litchi there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik