PS3 Never came home, DJI wants logs that I cant find

Must have been a compass error from that metal roof....

There was no compass error reported. It flew over that high part of the roof, missing it by barely a foot or so, turned around, lost a couple of feet of altitude, and smacked it on the way back.

There was no compass error reported. It flew over that high part of the roof, missing it by barely a foot or so, turned around, lost a couple of feet of altitude, and smacked it on the way back.
I wasn’t serious. It is obvious from the video frame grab what the outcome was going to be.

Actually, the video doesn't support that. It hit that roof. I just looked at the AirData UAV Flight data. It was a straight line into that building.

Reactions: Iancognito87
Actually, the video doesn't support that. It hit that roof. I just looked at the AirData UAV Flight data. It was a straight line into that building.

Right - but it hit it on the way back, having flown several feet past that point on the way out - at least according to the log data that I posted above.

I shouldn’t attempt to inject some light humour.

I got it to play and will post a link to it. It was totally too low. It flew right into the roof, then flips over to an image that makes it look like it was flying back. The way it hits the roof there is no way it could have turned around. Question I have now is did it fly further than I told Litchi to fly? My intent was to not even get close to the school, to turn around at the end of the open space. But.. mistakes were made by me.

I got it to play and will post a link to it. It was totally too low. It flew right into the roof, then flips over to an image that makes it look like it was flying back. The way it hits the roof there is no way it could have turned around. Question I have now is did it fly further than I told Litchi to fly? My intent was to not even get close to the school, to turn around at the end of the open space. But.. mistakes were made by me.
How far to far are we talking?

Btw- I felt happy making a joke in the knowledge you have recovered the AC and have DJI care if you need it.

Something to be mindful of is that the barometer altitude can vary quite significantly from actual and it will always (at least in my experience) report a higher altitude than actual when it’s off.

Cody, we would need to see the original mission. Go over the flylitchi.com/hub where you can load the mission. Then click on the link option.

upload_2017-10-18_5-59-0.png

Just tried it, using pot player / windows 7, No go.

Rod

Added: Plays right on the Dropbox screen now.
Was it re saved?

Last edited:
Just tried it, using pot player / windows 7, No go.

Rod

Added: Plays right on the Dropbox screen now.
Was it re saved?

Must have been - it now downloads and plays just fine too.

And it does explain the slightly odd features in the log file shown in post #13. The event at 136 seconds was not the result of Litchi turning the aircraft back towards home - it was the first impact, which did not crash the aircraft. It pitches up and spins clockwise to face home (towards the parking lot), and then hovers, descending slowly for 10 seconds. Then it hits the sloping roof again, which causes it to crash. The video of the final moments of that crash were not written to file.

2017-10-08_16-05-38_v2.png

Slow-motion crash video: Dropbox - crash.mp4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj