PS3 Never came home, DJI wants logs that I cant find

Perhaps I've lost track here - what is left to explain?
Sure. The OP stated the AC was never supposed to go as far as that building. He thought maybe Litchi went awry and was ultimately responsible for the crash. I asked it he had saved the Litchi mission and if so, he could post a link and we could double-check his settings and waypoints. He replied back that he did not save the mission, hence my reply.

Sure. The OP stated the AC was never supposed to go as far as that building. He thought maybe Litchi went awry and was ultimately responsible for the crash. I asked it he had saved the Litchi mission and if so, he could post a link and we could double-check his settings and waypoints. He replied back that he did not save the mission, hence my reply.

OK - I missed that. I somehow doubt that Litchi was the problem though.

Yeah, I also missed that. :)

Rod

Must have been - it now downloads and plays just fine too.

And it does explain the slightly odd features in the log file shown in post #13. The event at 136 seconds was not the result of Litchi turning the aircraft back towards home - it was the first impact, which did not crash the aircraft. It pitches up and spins clockwise to face home (towards the parking lot), and then hovers, descending slowly for 10 seconds. Then it hits the sloping roof again, which causes it to crash. The video of the final moments of that crash were not written to file.

View attachment 89727

Slow-motion crash video: Dropbox - crash.mp4
It looks like it recovered hoovered for a bit then crashed

Yep, DJI’s first response is pilot error. That dismisses a large part of claims. If one continues then they start asking for proof that you are truthful and you get to fight with Customer Service’s nightmare Team who are in place to further dismiss claims. They did the same for me when my P4 flipped and flew in the ground from 200 feet. After I debunked all their ridiculous accusutions they then asked for my logs which they could not find on the drone! My flight records also were not saved thus no warranty honored. However be prepared to deal with DJI Customer Service. Document everything and record what you can because they don’t keep records of previous contacts.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Seems it would be a whole lot easier if you just went to the college and looked with your eyes. Your lazieness is costing you a free repair or replacement.
Also,
113ft is rediculously low for any BLOS mission. There are trees and power lines taller than that. Not to mention no recovery time for alt. loss. You could really hurt someone flying the way you did.
I hope you get your drone back, but learn to fly more responsibly.

So this is how this story ends.. I go over to the college today to see if they will let me up on the roof, thinking if I get up there I can do a better search. When I get to the office, there is my drone sitting on the guys desk. He confirmed that it was up there. So thanks everyone for looking at the data, you were all correct. The done is not damaged, I think.. I have not started it up yet. It had some prop damage, so it must of not hit anything too hard, and no damage to anything else. Litchi was set to record, but for some reason I can not play this file in particular. The .mp4 file that I recorded that same day plays fine, but this one may be corrupt.

Its here if anyone wants to play with it and see what I hit, I can't get it to play on my Mac or PC using VLC

Dropbox - DJI_0029.MP4

Lessons learned.... anyone want to recommend a GPS tracker :)
https://www.amazon.com/Marco-Rocket...8596651&sr=8-4&keywords=gps+tracker+for+drone it's expensive but works great. No 2g 3g needed.

Seems it would be a whole lot easier if you just went to the college and looked with your eyes. Your lazieness is costing you a free repair or replacement.
Also,
113ft is rediculously low for any BLOS mission. There are trees and power lines taller than that. Not to mention no recovery time for alt. loss. You could really hurt someone flying the way you did.
I hope you get your drone back, but learn to fly more responsibly.

Lazy? Have you even read this post? I spend three days looking for this in the open space, took a second drone up to search for it so I did not have to bother security. Posted here as a last resort as to not waste peoples time. Then contacted security where they had the drone. Don’t call me lazy.

I hope you read these forums more responsibly and contribute as opposed to judging. Everyone here has been very helpful. Your post is useless. Your laziness clearly shows don’t understand the situation.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Lazy? Have you even read this post? I spend three days looking for this in the open space, took a second drone up to search for it so I did not have to bother security. Posted here as a last resort as to not waste peoples time. Then contacted security where they had the drone. Don’t call me lazy.

I hope you read these forums more responsibly and contribute as opposed to judging. Everyone here has been very helpful. Your post is useless. Your laziness clearly shows don’t understand the situation.

Don't let this kind of thing bother you. Many contributors dive in and make comments without even reading the prior posts. You just need a subconscious filter for that stuff.

Yes...a Marco Polo does cost a bit -a little over $200, but no recurring fees. It gives you a chance to at least recover the carcass of the AC for warranty/DJI Care claims. Max range about 2 miles in open terrain.

Since we have a small dog that loves to wander I bought the Marco Polo with a single pet tag (“Look honey...we can track the dog!”)
The wife actually helped me test it and understands how to use it.

Later I ponied up the $92 for the tiny RC tracker tag.

I’m also experimenting with a Trackimo 3G unit which looks promising...provided you are in cell coverage. One “undocumented feature” I found with that unit is when you get really close you can switch to BlueTooth and zero in exactly on the locator.

So this is how this story ends.. I go over to the college today to see if they will let me up on the roof, thinking if I get up there I can do a better search. When I get to the office, there is my drone sitting on the guys desk. He confirmed that it was up there. So thanks everyone for looking at the data, you were all correct. The done is not damaged, I think.. I have not started it up yet. It had some prop damage, so it must of not hit anything too hard, and no damage to anything else. Litchi was set to record, but for some reason I can not play this file in particular. The .mp4 file that I recorded that same day plays fine, but this one may be corrupt.

Its here if anyone wants to play with it and see what I hit, I can't get it to play on my Mac or PC using VLC

Dropbox - DJI_0029.MP4

Lessons learned.... anyone want to recommend a GPS tracker :)
Video played fine for me. Phantom flew into dormer like thing on the roof.

You know what man, your right.
I responded prematurely and was very judgemental when you were just looking for help. My apologies.
Glad everything worked out for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4