Propellers

I'm not at all interested in how well a $5 prop withstands a crash. It's a $5 prop on an over $1.5K Phantom [in my case with batteries].

I can't give a rats rip about "tip money" in a coffee shop when it comes to that kind of an investment - and where I respect your right to make whatever choices you make regarding your Phantom - there is no chance in hell I would consider the durability of prop having more value than the durability of the motors, motor mounds or plastic bits that make up to skin of a Phantom that are put at rick using a prop that is NOT designed to break easily in those cases.

No offense, but what can you be thinking making that kind of asinine decision.??.

Common sense dictates props that self-destruct when they contact the ground or an object you crash into are designed to PROTECT the Phantom.

Use your own discretion.

I find the CF props to be louder but are much more responsive. They tend shatter instead of chip like the plastic. I adjusted to brittleness by always using prop guards to compensate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

True CF construction (cf mat and resin) may give a slight increase in responsiveness. I suspect it would be difficult to notice given the flight controller constantly modifies motor power and would adjust accordingly to meet a commanded response- effectively tuning out any available advantage.

I was convinced open pipes gave me better performance (sounded good) however ET's proved the opposite.

Most of us are trying the get smoother response for better video so crisper response to stick inputs would arguably be a disadvantage.

I agree they look cool.

Are CF props lighter than the standard plastic props? From what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be real world advantages of using them?

Props are cheap. I just don't get the CF prop interest.

More to the point, I keep seeing that folks aren't balancing their props???? I'm surprised that at least half the props I balanced are pretty far out. That can lead to stress cracks, screwed up video from vibration and who knows what else. Balance the plastic props from DJI and fly safe.
I might have missed this, but I cannot remember reading in the User Manual that props have to be balanced. How is this done and why should this be necessary? [emoji4]

I might have missed this, but I cannot remember reading in the User Manual that props have to be balanced. How is this done and why should this be necessary? [emoji4]

The props can do the best part of 9000rpm.

You don't have to balance them but at those speeds it can only help. Smoother video, more efficient propulsion with reduced motor bearing wear and reduced stress on mounts and chassis generally. iMU outputs will likely be more accurate also.

The props can do the best part of 9000rpm.

You don't have to balance them but at those speeds it can only help. Smoother video, more efficient propulsion with reduced motor bearing wear and reduced stress on mounts and chassis generally. iMU outputs will likely be more accurate also.
How is this balancing done? [emoji4]

It's not in the manual. If you don't care about 1) the stresses placed on the Phantom itself, or 2) the quality of your photos or video from the Phantom, don't worry about it. If you DO care about those things, then balancing is easy and fairly fast to accomplish.

This is probably the most telling video regarding why you should balance props for your Phantom. Watch for the difference in the amount of vibration before and after balancing. Using tape is the fastest method, I prefer sanding.

Good luck.

Reactions: Tim in Florida
They are awesome they are loud and i glad i got them.when i lost my standard i always fly with cf props, but for some reason i used the stock ones after the fly away and looked at the flight records it flew out 2900 ft lost signal climbed to 375ft and was right over me and i could not hear it.when i got my professional with cf props @375ft i can hear it, so cf props save drones

I got some from drone world love them and they work great louder then stock props but much better
Strange, I purchased some stuff from a guy here and the box came with droneworld CF props - I thought BONUS, until I flex with them. I hated them. They maybe OK for sport flying (which the P# is not really suited for), but I thought they suck for aerial vid/photog. Jerky, over corrected in winds, louder than standard one. Playing with gains helped a bit, but never enough to improve to where I thought it was as good as original ones. I threw them out.

It's important to distinguish the DJI CF props from others.

The DJI are reinforced with carbon fibers NOT the woven cloth type many associate with the term Carbon Fiber.

The woven cloth types, or any non-DJI props, will reduce performance and MANY here can attest to that.

I got DJI CF reinforced props only because they are black with yellow lines and i like the color "match" of having white body, black/yellow props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: N017RW
Mine are true carbon fiber and they work great but i am getting some dji and i will check out the difference and report back to the forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4