Propellers

Are they DJI brand? If not, then be careful with them. Some 3rd party props can cause erratic flight and/or cause your Phantom to crash.

No thay are not dji brand. I have got the white plastic ones from eBay and thay have been fine but the carbon fibre ones are much stiffer. I will try them and post how it goes. This will take a few days as I live in Devon UK and we have stormy weather at the moment.
Dave

Hi All has anyone tried carbon fibre propellers. I just got some on eBay I haven't tried them yet. Phantom 3 pro.
Dave
Yes. I have some DJI CF props and occasionally put them on. I found that they are a little more responsive than the plastic ones but that also results in a more jerky ride whch may not be so good for the shell. For general flying and filming, I prefer the plastic props. The additional cost of the CF props is not warranted in my opinion.

Edit. If the props you bought on eBay are not DJI OEM props then I wouldn't recommend using them at all. Numerous posters have warned that the non-DJI props are invariably not balanced.

Reactions: Dave Hill
DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Dave Hill, JockC started a new conversation with you at DJI Phantom Drone Forum.

Devon

Hi. I see you're in Devon. My ancestors came from there (South Brent). I went back there a few years ago to follow up on William Crossing, an ancestor who, amongst other things wrote a book entitled "Crossing's Guide to Dartmour" around 1909. I love the South Brent area. It must be fun to fly the drone around all the stone fences and beautiful green fields. Kind regards, Jock CrossingView This ConversationView All Your Conversations

Please do not reply to this email. You must visit DJI Phantom Drone Forum to reply.

This message was sent to you from DJI Phantom Drone Forum because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received.

To stop receiving email, please edit your contact preferences.

http://www.phantompilots.com/

Hi Jock
I now live in Chudleigh a 20 minute drive from South Brent, But I did live in South Brent for 20 years my daughter still lives there.
I have been flying just above South Brent this week at the hamlet of Aish.
Where do you live.
Ps I have read the Crossing Guide to Dartmoor.
All the best Dave Hill

Hide quoted text

On 26 Mar 2016 9:54 a.m., "PhantomPilots.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Dave Hill, JockC started a new conversation with you at DJI Phantom Drone Forum.

Devon

Hi. I see you're in Devon. My ancestors came from there (South Brent). I went back there a few years ago to follow up on William Crossing, an ancestor who, amongst other things wrote a book entitled "Crossing's Guide to Dartmour" around 1909. I love the South Brent area. It must be fun to fly the drone around all the stone fences and beautiful green fields. Kind regards, Jock CrossingView This ConversationView All Your Conversations

Please do not reply to this email. You must visitDJI Phantom Drone Forum to reply.

This message was sent to you from DJI Phantom Drone Forum because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received.

To stop receiving email, please edit your contact preferences.

http://www.phantompilots.com/

I'm sorry but your message did not make it to the intended recipient at PhantomPilots.com. Please read the original email message and use the link in that email message to visit the site and respond to the conversation or thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact us [email protected].

Site Administrator
DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Hi Jock
I now live in Chudleigh a 20 minute drive from South Brent, But I did live in South Brent for 20 years my daughter still lives there.
I have been flying just above South Brent this week at the hamlet of Aish.
Where do you live.
Ps I have read the Crossing Guide to Dartmoor.
All the best Dave Hill

I bought some cf ones on Amazon. Not cf reinforced... full cf with aluminum hubs (or whatever the threaded part is called) and I love them. They were sold by Big Mike's Electronics and I think the brand is Ultimaxx. They have been great for me. I don't own a prop balancer (on my wish list) but I have not experienced any symptoms of unbalanced props. In addition to the increased stiffness, i like the aluminum theeads, too

No thay are not dji brand. I have got the white plastic ones from eBay and thay have been fine but the carbon fibre ones are much stiffer. I will try them and post how it goes. This will take a few days as I live in Devon UK and we have stormy weather at the moment.
Dave
I got some from drone world love them and they work great louder then stock props but much better

Well I ordered original dji carbon fiber props. Hoping they work well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. I have some DJI CF props and occasionally put them on. I found that they are a little more responsive than the plastic ones but that also results in a more jerky ride whch may not be so good for the shell. For general flying and filming, I prefer the plastic props. The additional cost of the CF props is not warranted in my opinion.

Edit. If the props you bought on eBay are not DJI OEM props then I wouldn't recommend using them at all. Numerous posters have warned that the non-DJI props are invariably not balanced.

Definitively more jerky and mor noisy. I also noticed the quad with those props is more unstable in gusty winds. Probably because the regulatory system is tuned for the more flexible plastic props. I stopped using the CF props.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought some cf ones on Amazon. Not cf reinforced... full cf with aluminum hubs (or whatever the threaded part is called) and I love them. They were sold by Big Mike's Electronics and I think the brand is Ultimaxx. They have been great for me. I don't own a prop balancer (on my wish list) but I have not experienced any symptoms of unbalanced props. In addition to the increased stiffness, i like the aluminum theeads, too
And metal threads are wrong for the P3.
DJI developed nylon threads to deal with dynamic braking forces that P3 props have to deal with..

Hmmm. So far, they have worked fine for me. I do suppose that if something had to strip, the prop would be better than the motor shaft so I hope (blindly) that the metal prop hubs are softer than the motor shafts are.

The body shell on these things is super tough. My Standard burned in at about 30 m.p.h. and the shell held up. It cracked in two places by the motors from the force of the impact and the props getting snapped off. But I doubt normal and even aggressive flight with CF props won't affect the shell.

I won't fly plastic props after flying CF props. CF props are better. In every way.

Props are cheap. I just don't get the CF prop interest.

More to the point, I keep seeing that folks aren't balancing their props???? I'm surprised that at least half the props I balanced are pretty far out. That can lead to stress cracks, screwed up video from vibration and who knows what else. Balance the plastic props from DJI and fly safe.

CF props don't need to be replaced. And they improve overall performance. If you have never tried them you can't speak for the difference.

CF props don't need to be replaced. And they improve overall performance. If you have never tried them you can't speak for the difference.
Ok, fair enough.

Be specific - explain to me exactly how - and how much - they improve performance?

Everything feels crisper. Less lag. Fast flying is more sporty. It feels quicker to accelerate.

You say If you have never tried them you can't speak for the difference.

"Feels crisper". Exactly how do you "feel" something "crisper" in the Phantom, when all you "feel" is the remote?
"Less lag". Please explain what "less lag" means in the interface between your remote and the Phantom.
"Fast flying is more sporty". In what way?
"It feels quicker to accelerate". Again - Exactly how do you "feel" something "quicker to accelerate" in the Phantom, when all you "feel" is the remote?

Obviously - even when you have tried them - you struggle to speak to the difference.

I'm not trying to say CF props are snake oil. What I am saying is, taking a risk of damaging a motor - or the shell of a Phantom - because the CF props don't break or fold like the plastic props from DJI do is an unreasonable risk if you screw up and hit something - and the props don't break.

Claiming you feel something different in what you feel in your hand, from a remote device, is kidding yourself.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to ever convenience me to swap out my cheap plastic DJI props to something that puts my Phantom at risk.

You say If you have never tried them you can't speak for the difference.

"Feels crisper". Exactly how do you "feel" something "crisper" in the Phantom, when all you "feel" is the remote?
"Less lag". Please explain what "less lag" means in the interface between your remote and the Phantom.
"Fast flying is more sporty". In what way?
"It feels quicker to accelerate". Again - Exactly how do you "feel" something "quicker to accelerate" in the Phantom, when all you "feel" is the remote?

Obviously - even when you have tried them - you struggle to speak to the difference.

I'm not trying to say CF props are snake oil. What I am saying is, taking a risk of damaging a motor - or the shell of a Phantom - because the CF props don't break or fold like the plastic props from DJI do is an unreasonable risk if you screw up and hit something - and the props don't break.

Claiming you feel something different in what you feel in your hand, from a remote device, is kidding yourself.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to ever convenience me to swap out my cheap plastic DJI props to something that puts my Phantom at risk.

Crashed my CF's twice. Plastic once. CF = better. They survive crashes. Plastic doesn't. 100% of my crashes with plastic props resulted in ruined props. 200% the number of plastic-prop crashes done with CF props resulted in ZERO damage to props. And, no effed up motors or anything else. That's what my crash data sets show. Plus, I feel the higher responsiveness, too even though I can't quantify it.

CF with aluminum hubs for for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers