Prop Flew-Off , Now Only a click. Day One, Flight One.

Even though the issue is resolved (well not really - DJI), I'm still having a hard time understanding the props flying off when the motors stop. I believe it would be only if the motors reversed that you would have a prop(s) fly off...correct me if my thinking is wrong.

Self tightening props work two different ways in my experience. Hand installed and then flown requires no tool to assist in removal, grab the motor by hand and reverse the props off. However if you place the props onto the motor without tightening by hand and then start, then the props torque down and requires the motor tool to spin off the props. Basically the props are very secure when the motors are allowed to "self tighten" the props.

FWIW, I only hand tighten the props as a normal procedure. The motor method was just a test to see if it would work, ie. self tighten... My concern would be mis-applying a prop and have it not engage...we all know what happens to a quad when only 3 propellers are installed...

Thanks for the advise guys, ufortunately there is no such warranty in m area. To be a responsible company, and if they are confident with their technologies and products, DJI should provide certain extent warranty for certain period, such as 7 days no-question-asked guaranty (free repair or replacement), and 30 days conditional repairs (paid service). Usually, after 30 days, the user should have built enough experience and control over the drones.

Simply keep quiet and do nothing and put pressure people who bought their products, is a very bad attitude.

I have given up the whole thing already, I do not trust them, but I will continue my sharing of finding to them, and keep them alert to pay more attention to their products, and the user that trust them. Hoping that people like you guys, can have good experiences and good videos definitely.

By the way, I had playing the drones for several months, and having so many good memories, over the lake, the sea shore from kilometers away, so beautiful! I did some mod on my remote, to improve the stability, and control; I do not mod the drone as I know, it is sensitive.

It is a good technology and good tool, but they need to know, the user's feeling, when unexpected bad think happen.

RichWest said:
Even though the issue is resolved (well not really - DJI), I'm still having a hard time understanding the props flying off when the motors stop. I believe it would be only if the motors reversed that you would have a prop(s) fly off...correct me if my thinking is wrong.

Self tightening props work two different ways in my experience. Hand installed and then flown requires no tool to assist in removal, grab the motor by hand and reverse the props off. However if you place the props onto the motor without tightening by hand and then start, then the props torque down and requires the motor tool to spin off the props. Basically the props are very secure when the motors are allowed to "self tighten" the props.

FWIW, I only hand tighten the props as a normal procedure. The motor method was just a test to see if it would work, ie. self tighten... My concern would be mis-applying a prop and have it not engage...we all know what happens to a quad when only 3 propellers are installed...

It is because of Inertia. Motor stops and props keep spins right off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan