Processor chip critically overheated

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking for solutions for a similar problem all over the internet.

When I power on my drone it connects properly to my remote control and I can see live video feed for a second. Then, the video feed disappears as if the drone were offline or it becomes very pixelated. During that time the camera is looking straight forward but it's not responding to the remote control. The fan spins for 2-3 sec, then stops, then spins again. At some point the fan starts spinning constantly and the camera can be moved by the remote control. However, there is no video feed and the recording button is not working. Sometimes at this point I would also get the "processor is critically overheated" message even though the fan seems to be working properly.

The drone has had a crash in the past but it continued working after that for weeks. My suspicion was also that maybe some sand had entered, thus is opened the bottom part and cleaned the sand I saw which wasn't much but I hoped it would change things. DJI support suggested that I should update the firmware with DJI Assistant 2 which I did successfully, however the issue persists.

Any further suggestions what I shall do to save this drone are highly appreciated.
Screenshot_20200805-230424.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-230559.jpg

Capt Ko, thanks for the advice. I opened the lower shell, tried cleaning up the ribbon cable a bit (maybe a bad idea but there was sand here and there). In the process I detached the roll motor from the ribbon cable and after I put it back together the gimbal is not responding anymore. Is there anything much that can go wrong with the roll motor? Just asking so that I know whether I shall order a ribbon cable only or also a roll motor.

Start with the ribbon. Might solve everything but will at least make diagnosing easier. Only OEM others won’t work.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
My drone was doing the same thing with pixelated display on the remote. The ribbon from the yaw motor to the esc board of the camera had a hole melted in it. The camera still functioned but it did not stabalize and had no movement from yaw. It did move from the other motors though. Ordered another yaw motor and installed. Turned it on and in 5secs i had another hole in the new ribbon. Might want to replace the esc board as well as the ribbon to avoid buying twice like myself

• Sad
Reactions: Jim Hampton
jochu38, thanks for sharing your experience. The original ribbon on my drone didn't have any visible traces of damage.

After replacing the ribbon cable I ended up with a different issue. There is a live video feed from the camera, however, the gimbal is not responding to the remote control and is not stabilized. It turns up for a second when I switch on the drone but then goes back and is completely loose as if the drone was powered off. On my app I can see "Gimbal roll error" and "Gimbal pan error". What is the most likely cause for that? Shall I try a different ribbon cable? Or can I assume that if there's live video feed the problem lies elsewhere - maybe in the ESC?

jochu38, thanks for sharing your experience. The original ribbon on my drone didn't have any visible traces of damage.

After replacing the ribbon cable I ended up with a different issue. There is a live video feed from the camera, however, the gimbal is not responding to the remote control and is not stabilized. It turns up for a second when I switch on the drone but then goes back and is completely loose as if the drone was powered off. On my app I can see "Gimbal roll error" and "Gimbal pan error". What is the most likely cause for that? Shall I try a different ribbon cable? Or can I assume that if there's live video feed the problem lies elsewhere - maybe in the ESC?
It’s most likely that cable... Be sure to use an OEM DJI cable, most aftermarket cheaper cables cause the problems that you are experiencing now.

I tried a different OEM DJI ribbon cable. Still the same issue. I have perfect live video feed but the gimbal is not responding. Which parts are responsible for the gimbal control? Which one shall I try changing next? The two remaining black cables connected to the board below or the board itself? Non of them have any visible traces of damage.

20200827_190121.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers