Problems with New Firmware for Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
I have update my P3A excited to the new firmware all went smooth when i tried to fly couple of times after i took off the drone seem to go easy side ways , once it came straight towards me and i got a cut on my chest.:) . I just don't feel confident enough to fly anymore as it drifts sideways after take off , i checked the propellers and the arms of the drone all seems to be in order. Anyone having these issue?

i just google what it means and no i did not , but im doing now , do u suspect this was the problem?

No.....IMU settings are different. On the app. you need to go to MC Settings/Sensors and scroll down to calibrate.

This was posted after you said you'd googled it, so you seem to be heading in the right direction

I have the exact problem.....even after made IMU twice......

Lets hope for the best, but with except the POI i regret update from 1.1.9.

Last edited:
i did the re-calibration of the imu and seems to be a bit more stable it still shows to calibrate the compass maybe after i do that would be 100% working

I have the exact problem.....even after made IME twice......

Lets hope for the best, but with except the POI i regret update from 1.1.9.
i did it twice as well im at work as soon as i finish ill go to the sea cost away from all the metal to try re calibrate the compass

Reactions: Mordor
DO that.
And keep us informed.
I also have a information when i start the P3, of the "warming" that NEVER appear before...

i just google what it means and no i did not , but im doing now , do u suspect this was the problem?
Any time it drifts, recalibrate the IMU. Should hold solid in one spot.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I know what you mean..eheheh

I having bad weather,.....im on the ground, so i can make more tests :(

DO that.
And keep us informed.
I also have a information when i start the P3, of the "warming" that NEVER appear before...

You need to do the calibration when the phantom is cool. NEVER do it after a flight or even if you have on idle.
Let the phantom cool for an hour (go charge a battery).
The moment you turn it on > go settings > sensors and run the IMU calibration immediately.
The cooler it is, the less warm up time is needed and the quicker the IMU cal
Make sure you do it on a levelled surface on all axis. This will prevent your phantom from doing wide yaws.

You need to do the calibration when the phantom is cool. NEVER do it after a flight or even if you have on idle.
Let the phantom cool for an hour (go charge a battery).
The moment you turn it on > go settings > sensors and run the IMU calibration immediately.
The cooler it is, the less warm up time is needed and the quicker the IMU cal
Make sure you do it on a levelled surface on all axis. This will prevent your phantom from doing wide yaws.
Putting it in the fridge first for about 5 minutes works great and also helps the warm up time the next time you fly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.