problems out of the box? firmware + battery

Reaction score
Hi
I just received my P4P - my 7th drone, so i usually know my way around. but it is my first P4, so I want to make sure about problems I have:

First - spare battery received in package seems dead. no lights, not blinking when charged, nothing. I think it was stored for too long and is just dead - but do YOU think it can be reincarnated?

Second problem - connected to DJI Go 4 on my google nexus 7/II. the app demanded firmware (1.03.0418) update before I could use it. I clicked OK, it downloaded update, but now it is over 1 hr, with two solid red lights on drone, and it shows 99% done for last 30 minutes. I think it is stuck. I am afraid to disconnect, but it is way too long, i think.
Any advice? I don't want to brick it.

Many thanks
Derek

Hi
I just received my P4P - my 7th drone, so i usually know my way around. but it is my first P4, so I want to make sure about problems I have:

First - spare battery received in package seems dead. no lights, not blinking when charged, nothing. I think it was stored for too long and is just dead - but do YOU think it can be reincarnated?

Second problem - connected to DJI Go 4 on my google nexus 7/II. the app demanded firmware (1.03.0418) update before I could use it. I clicked OK, it downloaded update, but now it is over 1 hr, with two solid red lights on drone, and it shows 99% done for last 30 minutes. I think it is stuck. I am afraid to disconnect, but it is way too long, i think.
Any advice? I don't want to brick it.

Many thanks
Derek
Yeh shoud have firmware upgrade in 20 to 30min tops,not sure,,red lights on batt not sound good ,,u might have to disconnect charge batt and retry

The spare battery might benefit from being placed in the drone , as a kind of wake up proceedure, if you can get the drone to finish the update.

well, while spare battery seems to be really dead - i solved the update thing. it was hanging at 99% when connected to drone. I had to do something because drone battery got pretty low. but then i disconnected usb and connected it to remote - and it finished update in a few seconds, saying - finished. and all works fine. I wish DJI would add message "please connect remote and disconnect drone now". Well - they always are very sloppy with such things, so i am not surprised. And battery - will work as a paper weight, i guess.
Cheers to the group!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31