problems after doing firmware update using rotorpixel gimbal

Reaction score
Well I got all kinds of weird things happening now and dont know what to do need heeeeelpppp.....dont even know where to start I turn on my wifi extender then my controller then the phantom, Im in Naza M mode I flick the switch 5 times to calibrate compass do the calibration after calibration I get continous red lights flashing, have to shut phantom off then repower it back up lights flash like they should green with 3 reds the slowly working its way thru then the first set of rapid green light then down to one red and one green then second set of flashing green the just one flashing green all should be good take off and homelock doesnt work when I am more then 10 feet away at all light stays flashing green, came home and now when I power on the phantom my gimble instead of trying to level out it starts to point down, whats going on need help, this all happened after I went from 3.08 to 3.14 firmware, I forgot to mention I have a rotorpixel gimbal installed

Does your compass calibrate properly if you unplug power to the Rotorpixel gimbal (prior to powering up the P2V). The flashing red lights indicate the compass calibration was not successful.
Is your Rotorpixel gimbal one of the early models with large motors, or the current design with smaller profile motors?

Does your compass calibrate properly if you unplug power to the Rotorpixel gimbal (prior to powering up the P2V). The flashing red lights indicate the compass calibration was not successful.
Is your Rotorpixel gimbal one of the early models with large motors, or the current design with smaller profile motors?
mine has the smaller motors was working great till I upgraded to 3.14 from 3.08

mine has the smaller motors was working great till I upgraded to 3.14 from 3.08
Just tried uplugging the power to the rotorpixel gimbal and then doing a compas calibration all worked like it should I seem to get the red flashing lights continously after calibration if the gimbal is powered, I do the compass calibration then get the red lights and thats all then if I power it off then back on it finds home and seems to work but I have to power it off then on after calibration otherwise all I get is red lights flashing

Does anyone know if you can replace the newer compass (anti static part 16) on the PV2 ? Is it compatible ?

Yep it works ok. You just open the box up, unplug the cable and connect the old cable to it. There's a few of us that have it.

Yep it works ok. You just open the box up, unplug the cable and connect the old cable to it. There's a few of us that have it.

I thought the new Compass came with a new anti-static cable (shielded in white) to replace the old gray wire model ?

...me home and now when I power on the phantom my gimble instead of trying to level out it starts to point down, whats going on need help, ...

squid, did you ever get the pointing down fixed? Mine started the same thing yesterday. No idea why.

Nope never did it started right after I did the latest firmware update but just got the new controller yesterday so will just roll the camera up when it starts up

Is there any improvement relating to the RP gimbal problems with newer firmware?

Geo
I erased the data on my flight controller and reinstalled the latest firmware Geo and everything is good now with rotorpixel gimbal I even get it calibrated first try now and no red lights she all works like it should now

I erased the data on my flight controller and reinstalled the latest firmware Geo and everything is good now with rotorpixel gimbal I even get it calibrated first try now and no red lights she all works like it should now

< might need some tips from you. mine (pv2) wont calibrate...at least vertically (hortizonally ok)... took apart and gps seems ok...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.