Problem with new Phantom 3 pro.

Reaction score
This post was already made under another Title. "Got disconnected" issue has been resolved. please delete.

Attachments

• Phantom version.jpg
    Phantom version.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hello all. My Gf gave me Phantom 3 pro as a gift. It was new in the box, never used. I've never owned a quad copter or any other flying rc craft. This is the first one. To make a long story short, I have issues with the drone disconnecting with the rc. I started flying the drone in the back yard about 4' off the ground to get used to the controls. had no issues. I took it to it's first high level flight the next day and it stayed in air for about 8 minutes @ about 80' and then lost connection and landed on it's own. this has happened every time I've taken the drone out to fly. The disconnects are random but are more frequent now. As of now, @ startup, turning the controller and the drone on, I will either get a green light on the controller showing that it's connected as well as in the app and stay that way till I try to fly it or I'll get connection conformation in the app and on the controller and then a sudden disconnect while the craft is warming up. The controller will show a red light and the app will show connection lost along with the camera image turning gray.
The disconnections are completely random. To add to my confusion and ignorance, I did get a message to update the firmware on the drone and the controller. I did manage to install the firmware but the connection issues continued. I tried to find information on the net but because the model is older the information is confusing or outdated. As for as I know, all firmware and the app are up to date. in my attempts to update the firmware and re update it I may have created even more issues. I'm kinda lost at this point. Here is some information that may help.

View attachment 121129
Have you resolved this issue yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik