PRE-Balanced Props?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Phantom landed badly and the props got nicked, I want to get a few xtra ones and was wondering if anyone sell PRE-BALANCED props or is it something you need to do on you own? Where can I buy props for this?

Nope......No new pre balanced props !.....Dji props are pretty good right out of the package..and its still good to do a balance check on even a brand new one ...we all find a very few that need balanced and its a very easy process...a unbalanced prop can lead to OR accelerate outer pod cracks...have you ever hit a big rock with a lawn mower blade..whats happens is it will never get back UP to speed and the vibes will crack the frame and destroy the lower bearing in the mower engine...imagine a drone prop spinning at very very HIGH rpms and out of balance "not a good thing at all " ! ...in fact its very hard on the tiny little motors bearings !

Never reuse a nicked or damaged prop...replace it !

https://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tru-Spin-Prop-Balancer/dp/B0006N72Y8

Nope......No new pre balanced props !.....Dji props are pretty good right out of the package..and its still good to do a balance check on even a brand new one ...we all find a very few that need balanced and its a very easy process...a unbalanced prop can lead to OR accelerate outer pod cracks...have you ever hit a big rock with a lawn mower blade..whats happens is it will never get back UP to speed and the vibes will crack the frame and destroy the lower bearing in the mower engine...imagine a drone prop spinning at very very HIGH rpms and out of balance "not a good thing at all " ! ...in fact its very hard on the tiny little motors bearings !

Never reuse a nicked or damaged prop...replace it !

https://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tru-Spin-Prop-Balancer/dp/B0006N72Y8
I’m glad I read your post. My last shoot was a little windy. As soon as I started my P4Pv2, it had the surface area to catch enough wind to tip it over and one of the props did get nicked. It didn’t “look” too bad but your words resonated, and even though the piece of plastic “nick” was still connected, it probably would throw that rotor out of balance enough to decrease the life of the motor - and fail with miserably bad timing!

I bought a prop balancing kit for my P4 and have found that all of my new, DJI props were either right on or very negligibly off. And I know, at those speeds, even a little is bad, but I’m talking so little that I probably would have made it worse working with it. I have checked some well used props and found them off enough to work with, and all it’s taken is a bit of fine sandpaper on the trailing edge.

There isn’t a hole through the P4Pv2 prop. How do you balance this type? Do you have a link for one that works with P4Pv2 props?
Can get these on ebay ,,Amazon probly have to,,you could make one aswell if have straight rod
Screenshot_20190425-075446.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Props are injected molded in precision machined molds. The variances in material distribution are so tiny that they likely can not be detected without scientific analytical scales in values of milligrams or less. There's no need to balance props. They are all identical.

Reactions: N017RW
Balancing precision props using improper technique could cause inefficiency or other problems such as a stress fracture or point causing prop failure at a critical moment. Not something I’m not willing to mess with. I have had minor prop damage once while landing in a windy condition. I just replaced it as I do not have disposable income to pay for a crashed drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20