Powering up my camera through Drone Battery

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to power up my camera. The camera is not a go pro and there is no need to attach gimbal unit with that. Its a fix camera being mounted on my Phantom 3 advanced.

I want to supply power to the camera through drone battery. I saw a usb point on the drone and was wondering if it can supply power to the drone. Can anyone give clarification on that point of view?

Also, I am looking for some other way to get the power supply. For example --
If I cut one of the motor wire, between esc and motor, and attach a wire in between in order to get the supply from that point, will it work? OR Will it affect the motor supply?

Please get back to me with your suggestions ASAP.

Thanks

The USB port on the front of you P3A has no power.

The motor feeds are unsuitable.

Your best bet would be to tap into the main battery power and use a buck converter to obtain the required voltage for your camera.

You do have 3.3, 3.6, 5 & 12V DC available at various points on the main and other PCB’s however I wouldn’t expect they are designed to power additional hardware.

BTW- get back to you as soon as possible? Are you offering your credit card details? Relax!

What sort of camera are you trying to fit?

Thank you for the information.

I will be using a multispectral camera. For which, the power required is from the USB, which will need a power bank. I do not need to increase the weight of my craft. So, looking for a certain option.

Thank you for the information.

I will be using a multispectral camera. For which, the power required is from the USB, which will need a power bank. I do not need to increase the weight of my craft. So, looking for a certain option.
How can you add the camera without increasing weight? You will need to surely?

WtB is correct ...

The simplest way is to create a 'double battery' adaptor that inserts into main battery point and then feed to a uBEC to supply the required 5V or whatever.

Here's the video showing the simple power adaptor to connect :

Yes .. he's made it for extra battery carraige ... but the clip he shows can be used for your camera power.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj