Possible firmware issues

Reaction score
I am using an iPad mini 4 iOS version 11.4.1(15G77) with the DJI Go4 app version 4.2.22(3162). My P4P Obsidian is version 1.05.0600 my controller is version 1.04.01.00.

Side note, my critically low battery warning is set at 15% and my low battery warning is set at 30%. The remote is set to auto 2.4g.

A few issues I am having are:

1. Any intelligent flight mode I use, transmission cuts out. Screen goes green to black and freezes. Then comes back all pixelated.
2. The above issue happens almost every time my battery reaches 25%.
3. Range is terrible. If I fly more than 800ft away from the controller, the screen skips jumps becomes pixelated and goes green and black. Sometimes I get the “lost connection with aircraft” and transmission eventually comes back after a few seconds. The AC does not return to home like it should. I have it set to return to home on lost signal.

Any ideas?

Sometimes I get the “lost connection with aircraft” and transmission eventually comes back after a few seconds. The AC does not return to home like it should. I have it set to return to home on lost signal.
The aircraft will not RTH on lost downlink. It will only do this with loss of uplink for more than 2 seconds.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Last night I loaded the DJI Go4 app v4.3.1(3196) on my iPhone X, flew for an hour and did not experience the same issues I have been having with my iPad mini 4. The iPad could be the source of the issue, or the updated version of DJI Go4 could have done it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20