Possible firmware issues

Reaction score
I am using an iPad mini 4 iOS version 11.4.1(15G77) with the DJI Go4 app version 4.2.22(3162). My P4P Obsidian is version 1.05.0600 my controller is version 1.04.01.00.

Side note, my critically low battery warning is set at 15% and my low battery warning is set at 30%. The remote is set to auto 2.4g.

A few issues I am having are:

1. Any intelligent flight mode I use, transmission cuts out. Screen goes green to black and freezes. Then comes back all pixelated.
2. The above issue happens almost every time my battery reaches 25%.
3. Range is terrible. If I fly more than 800ft away from the controller, the screen skips jumps becomes pixelated and goes green and black. Sometimes I get the “lost connection with aircraft” and transmission eventually comes back after a few seconds. The AC does not return to home like it should. I have it set to return to home on lost signal.

Any ideas?

Get an iPad Pro. I had the same issues with an iPad Air. Not enough processor. The reason the AC is not entering Return to Home is that the AC has not lost signal with the controller, the iPad has lost its signal. Upgrade the device is your solution.

Get an iPad Pro. I had the same issues with an iPad Air. Not enough processor. The reason the AC is not entering Return to Home is that the AC has not lost signal with the controller, the iPad has lost its signal. Upgrade the device is your solution.
Are you using any of the same firmware versions as me?

I have an iPhone X. Maybe I’ll use it and see if it makes a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl