Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Pugnacious - This waypoint app is great isn't it.
Only flown with it once as I too am having problems with the gimbal - like yours only more so.
The last part of your video was an escape from the rain, I take it?

Aussiejay said:
Pugnacious - This waypoint app is great isn't it.
Only flown with it once as I too am having problems with the gimbal - like yours only more so.
The last part of your video was an escape from the rain, I take it?

thats right - it was pretty heavy - very annoying.
hopefully someone can help us re the gimbal

I have the same Gimbal and I don't have that problem, I will post my two configurations, the one for the Gimbal and the one from the Phantom.
I think is configuration issue

I had a twitch on my gimbal in the pitch axis. Used the Simple BGC software to adjust it away. These are my settings in these screen captures.

pugnacious said:
Here is my latest video trying out the new waypoint function.
This is my taco supreme.
It has rather annoying little twitches still.
Any ideas what might help?
https://vimeo.com/99535303

Attachments

• SimpleBGC GUI v2.2 b2 732014 92446 PM.jpg
    SimpleBGC GUI v2.2 b2 732014 92446 PM.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 522
  • SimpleBGC GUI v2.2 b2 732014 92636 PM.jpg
    SimpleBGC GUI v2.2 b2 732014 92636 PM.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 623
Everyone will have slight difference, even if we have the same Gimbal, camera and adjustments.
The difference will be even greater if any of the factors mentioned above are different.
Conclusion, all settings will be different.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

coastaltom said:
I had a twitch on my gimbal in the pitch axis. Used the Simple BGC software to adjust it away. These are my settings in these screen captures.

I tried your settings today and they threw my camera completely out of whack. No matter how much I calibrated it she was all over the place. Went back to Daniel Fernandez's settings and back to normal. I've still a few slight twitches which I still need to figure out but worse case scenario crappy youtube stabilisation actually does a surprisingly good job at ironing them out without the lsd warpy look.

Mine holds quite steady with those settings but I'm sure it has to do with the individual IMU calibration. They would all be a bit different. I believe I stopped the twitching by adjusting the Pitch, Power Setting under Motor Configuration.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
coastaltom said:

I tried your settings today and they threw my camera completely out of whack. No matter how much I calibrated it she was all over the place. Went back to Daniel Fernandez's settings and back to normal. I've still a few slight twitches which I still need to figure out but worse case scenario crappy youtube stabilisation actually does a surprisingly good job at ironing them out without the lsd warpy look.

I finally did the 6 point calibration through the SimpleBGC software and actually took the IMU sensor off the gimbal and taped the sensor flat onto a small box for 6 point calibration... Seemed like everything went like it should. The gimbal worked perfect on the ground after calibration and for the first flight, then went out the next day to fly and every time the gimbal and phantom powers up, the gimbal will get centered like it is suppose to, then after about 5 seconds the gimbal has a mind of its own and starts going crazy and spinning around in circles, the reason I calibrated it in the first place was to fix this "mind of its own on startup" and to keep the camera and gimbal centered when the phantom is turning 360 degrees. I Even tired Turing the phantom on and off multiple times to get the gimbal centered, and still wants to have a mind of it's own. All I want is for the gimbal to stay centered when trying to get 360 degree footage. Even a slow rotation of the phantom moves the camera from being properly horizontal.

Any ideas?

Nsrwholesale said:
I finally did the 6 point calibration through the SimpleBGC software and actually took the IMU sensor off the gimbal and taped the sensor flat onto a small box for 6 point calibration... Seemed like everything went like it should. The gimbal worked perfect on the ground after calibration and for the first flight, then went out the next day to fly and every time the gimbal and phantom powers up, the gimbal will get centered like it is suppose to, then after about 5 seconds the gimbal has a mind of its own and starts going crazy and spinning around in circles, the reason I calibrated it in the first place was to fix this "mind of its own on startup" and to keep the camera and gimbal centered when the phantom is turning 360 degrees. I Even tired Turing the phantom on and off multiple times to get the gimbal centered, and still wants to have a mind of it's own. All I want is for the gimbal to stay centered when trying to get 360 degree footage. Even a slow rotation of the phantom moves the camera from being properly horizontal.

Any ideas?
Did you watch Daniel Sanchez's youtube video and try his settings? I found following his steps gave me the best results. The only difference with his and mine is he uses the older camera holder and I have the v3 holder which there is only 1 thing to change from his set up. Let me know if you want to try it?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Any ideas?
Did you watch Daniel Sanchez's youtube video and try his settings? I found following his steps gave me the best results. The only difference with his and mine is he uses the older camera holder and I have the v3 holder which there is only 1 thing to change from his set up. Let me know if you want to try it?

I may have tried it, I can't remember...but if u wouldn't mind sending the link that would be great. I have the new v3 camera holder as well.
Thanks

Here you go:
3D Power Gimbal - Installation, Advance Calibrati…: http://youtu.be/SlFVMZEQHDc

I followed his instructions exactly except for the v3 gimbal like mine you need to click on the "basic" tab and in the sensor section make sure axis TOP is set to Z, and RIGHT set to -Y

I find his 3 click in the field calibration very handy.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Here you go:
3D Power Gimbal - Installation, Advance Calibrati…: http://youtu.be/SlFVMZEQHDc

I followed his instructions exactly except for the v3 gimbal like mine you need to click on the "basic" tab and in the sensor section make sure axis TOP is set to Z, and RIGHT set to -Y

I find his 3 click in the field calibration very handy.

Wow, all i have to say is WOW!!!! I changed the couple settings Daniel Sanchez said to do in his youtube video in the Phantom Software and in the SimpleBGC software, and let me tell you, MY GIMBAL HAS NEVER WORKED EVEN CLOSE TO HOW WELL IT WORKS NOW after changing some settings.

Changing the settings on the little white button on the gimbal no joke fixed most all the problems I previously had with the gimbal, Daniel's "white button" setting MOD fixed the having to turn the phantom on and off multiple times to fix the "rolling mind of its own" problem and the not horizontal problem! It is so easy to fix the horizontal problem with Daniel's changed settings to the white button and you can 6 point calibrate the gimbal so easy.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE AT ALL WITH THE GIMBAL FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS! TRUST ME JUST DO IT, IT WILL WORK!

Thanks so much to Daniel Sanchez for figuring all this out.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Nsrwholesale said:

Any ideas?

When I did the video I had the older TACO camera shell, if you have the new one will not work because the sensor is placed differently you will need to go in to the simpleBGC and change the Axis values to Z and -Y, the tweaks and tips I offer on the video also apply to this new shell, no changes there.

Yep thanks Daniel, thats exactly what I did and its worked a charm since day one. Im glad I got in touch with yourself and Richard before I even got the gimbal. Its not perfectly level and it will do a quick jump in flight once in a while even after the 6 point calibration. I find doing the 3 click trick works best for me but even though I keep it perfectly level the camera doesnt stay perfectly still when I hold it and spin it around with the camera looking at me. These are all tiny imperfections and to be honest I can live with them but it would be nice to iron them out.
I always tell people to use your video and they always come back amazed.
Keep up the great work :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor