Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

amrflyingdude said:
Try these and let me know:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=16, Power=120, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.0.08, D=17, Power=100, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

Thank you for the suggestion, here is my latest flight with the suggested adjustments made http://youtu.be/DvoVeeu-Mo8 still waiting for the HD conversion after 4 hours. I think the gimbal is working pretty well and the bouncing camera didn't make an appearance. Tilt was also working the entire flight. About 5 minutes into the video I was amazed at how close the geese allowed my bird to get before taking flight, the Phantom was 20-30ft away and it wasn't until I started walking toward the pond that they took flight.

Tomorrow I should finally get that flight at the abandoned amusement park and zoo. Nice weather and a working gimbal, now I can give it a try. I was waiting to get the gimbal working well before I headed over there since this might be a one time opportunity.

tizzl10 said:
does anybody here have the v3 version of this gimbal? please chime in..interested if you still have the horizontal tilt issue..

I have the velcro version of the Taco Supreme that I have upgraded with the V3 mount. The video in my last post shows little or no horizon tilt when yawing. I think that the mount eliminated the issue by relocating the IMU. It also seems lighter and better balanced.

jonesk32 said:
tizzl10 said:
does anybody here have the v3 version of this gimbal? please chime in..interested if you still have the horizontal tilt issue..

I have the velcro version of the Taco Supreme that I have upgraded with the V3 mount. The video in my last post shows little or no horizon tilt when yawing. I think that the mount eliminated the issue by relocating the IMU. It also seems lighter and better balanced.

ok, cool..im am praying that the new mount will fix my issue..i dont have my quad in front of me, but how do you take off the velcro mount and put of the new one?

tizzl10 said:
jonesk32 said:
tizzl10 said:

ok, cool..im am praying that the new mount will fix my issue..i dont have my quad in front of me, but how do you take off the velcro mount and put of the new one?

There are 4 little screws that go thru the mount directly into the motor. You can see them when you remove the camera and look at the motor from the camera mount side.

I have the velcro version of the Taco Supreme that I have upgraded with the V3 mount. The video in my last post shows little or no horizon tilt when yawing. I think that the mount eliminated the issue by relocating the IMU. It also seems lighter and better balanced.[/quote]

ok, cool..im am praying that the new mount will fix my issue..i dont have my quad in front of me, but how do you take off the velcro mount and put of the new one?[/quote]

There are 4 little screws that go thru the mount directly into the motor. You can see them when you remove the camera and look at the motor from the camera mount side.[/quote]

ok cool..thanks.

jonesk32 said:
tizzl10 said:

Did you also do a 6 point calibration? Or did it just work better with the V3 mount without 6 point calib.?

grochester said:
jonesk32 said:
tizzl10 said:

Did you also do a 6 point calibration? Or did it just work better with the V3 mount without 6 point calib.?

Yes I did a 6 point since I had the IMU off of the mount anyway. Also I used amrflyingdude's PID and power settings.

jonesk32 said:
amrflyingdude said:
Try these and let me know:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=16, Power=120, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.0.08, D=17, Power=100, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

Thank you for the suggestion, here is my latest flight with the suggested adjustments made http://youtu.be/DvoVeeu-Mo8 still waiting for the HD conversion after 4 hours. I think the gimbal is working pretty well and the bouncing camera didn't make an appearance. Tilt was also working the entire flight. About 5 minutes into the video I was amazed at how close the geese allowed my bird to get before taking flight, the Phantom was 20-30ft away and it wasn't until I started walking toward the pond that they took flight.

Tomorrow I should finally get that flight at the abandoned amusement park and zoo. Nice weather and a working gimbal, now I can give it a try. I was waiting to get the gimbal working well before I headed over there since this might be a one time opportunity.

Works like a charm!

Glad I was able to help!

Mine arrived yesterday. Ordered late Tuesday (4:15PM PDT) arrived Friday at 11:30 AM. Unfortunately I will not be able to even open the package until Monday since I am away from home until then :cry:

I summed up a lot of info and included it in the initial post. Please let me know if I left anything out or anything that needs adjusting.

In need help,
1.- Received the Taco Supreme
2.- Installed it following the guidance from the Post in the first page.
3.- Calibrated the Gimbal using the latest Phantom 2 software ver 3,0
4.- Calibrated the Gimbal basic and after receiving the green check mark, I calibrate the IMU obtaining a green check mark

Problem:
The Gimbal will not stop moving up and down, and will not response to the telephone when I connect and try to move it up or down.

What do I need to do?

Raffelos said:
In need help,
4.- Calibrated the Gimbal basic and after receiving the green check mark, I calibrate the IMU obtaining a green check mark

Problem:
The Gimbal will not stop moving up and down, and will not response to the telephone when I connect and try to move it up or down.

What do I need to do?

Take a video of what it's doing and post it. Take a screen shot of the GUI settings and post it.

Raffelos said:
In need help,

Problem:

What do I need to do?

Looks like your Y / Z settings are messed up. Do you have the gimbal new V3 cameral holder? If so make sure on the first tab go the BGC GUI you have selected "Z" and "-Y"

I do have the latest Taco Supreme V3 that include the new camera holder, I though that setting this camera will be ease but I ran into numerous problems.
Ist with the firmware and the software, I finally have those working, regardless which profile I load, the camera moves constantly none stop.

There was only one single wire that I have to connect from the cable where the camera was originally connected, I follow the fist page on this thread.

The software won't allow me to upload the profiles that I want, unless I upload the parameters manually.
I worked with this camera for over 13 hours unsuccessfully, will stop and take a nap.

I will like to know if anyone with the Taco Supreme V3 has a working profile, I will like to get the parameter for that profiles,

Appreciating any help,

amrflyingdude said:
Raffelos said:
In need help,

Problem:

What do I need to do?

Looks like your Y / Z settings are messed up. Do you have the gimbal new V3 cameral holder? If so make sure on the first tab go the BGC GUI you have selected "Z" and "-Y"
I wi

With the new V3 camera holder the IMU sits in a different position so you'll have to change he sensor axis for top and right.

The axis seems backwards to me, so I'm not sure what it should be with the IMU mounted on the top. I would try top axis Z and right axis Y, which I believe is similar to what flying dude suggested.

Not sure why you can't load a profile. I updated the first post yesterday so maybe it's more clear. Without a screen shot of the GUI it's just wild guessing.

Be careful. I would not suggested powering on the gimbal with power from the p2v until you get the profile correct. If the power is up to high it will cause the motors to overheat and potentially cause damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94