Please tell me Super Moderator's

Yea, what Dirk said.

Hey Jacob, maybe you could search for a word or phrase in each of the search engines and do a quick comparison. Ours typically get results which are very far off.
I will leave the Google search in my signature, and continue promote it as long as you do not object.

I would like to see a gathering of good videos, with answers, that we could direct new members to.
We may not have so much "RT&M" from frustrated members, maybe it will be "Visit the newbies answer sticky".
Here's a new member who could have been helped, or maybe not... :confused:
http://www.phantompilots.com/search/797688/

The "Best Answer" would definitely help a great deal. I'm guessing that will give the IT department a little extra work. :)

TJ's right, but at least we would have another option before ganging up on the "blanks" before we stuff their head in a cow pie... :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea, what Dirk said.

Hey Jacob, maybe you could search for a word or phrase in each of the search engines and do a quick comparison. Ours typically get results which are very far off.
I will leave the Google search in my signature, and continue promote it as long as you do not object.

I would like to see a gathering of good videos, with answers, that we could direct new members to.
We may not have so much "RT&M" from frustrated members, maybe it will be "Visit the newbies answer sticky".
Here's a new member who could have been helped, or maybe not... :confused:
http://www.phantompilots.com/search/797688/

The "Best Answer" would definitely help a great deal. I'm guessing that will give the IT department a little extra work. :)

TJ's right, but at least we would have another option before ganging up on the "blanks" before we stuff their head in a cow pie... :D
Yes, Google may have more relevant results due to the fact that they rank based on clicks and time on page. So the questions most frequently asked will show up first rather than by time like ours.

Been thinking about this still..and don't say that's dangerous .. and what if we did have a sub forum and it was listed as Info for new folks or whatever
and have links to the most common things ! I mean they might not look there but it would give us that knew what was in there somewhere to grab a link to post a place to answer the question they might ask. I have to go to members and find their topics to find where the one I need is to post sometimes .
Would be a lot easier and faster if the most asked things were in one spot.
Was just a thought :)
Ya ...I had a moment .

Its a good idea. Maybe I could create a forum that is locked to new threads, but I can move threads there that are helpful to new flyers. The forum would only have 15-20 threads, but they would be easy to find and link to. Also, a new flyer could read all of them before doing anything else.

That's what I'm talking about Jacob... Not somewhere to post in but just find stuff .
https://www.phantomhelp.com/ msinger has this in his signature and ya can find stuff easy and that's a help but ya have to find one of his post to grab stuff . There's several more and just can't remember now has them like the search Wy has in his we always harping about .
I know we will survive without any of this Jacob but do think it would not only be helpful but maybe cut down on a lot of noise .

@Meta4 & @ianwood I just want to add in this ...I never see you 2 jump in here and don't want ether of you to think this is
just aimed at Jacob ,TJ and Slinger . You guys just weren't mods when I started this thread .
Ya might not have hit SuperMod status yet but just saying !! Ha Ha ..just kidding :D

https://www.phantomhelp.com/ msinger has this in his signature and ya can find stuff easy and that's a help but ya have to find one of his post to grab stuff . There's several more and just can't remember now has them like the search Wy has in his we always harping about .
I know we will survive without any of this Jacob but do think it would not only be helpful but maybe cut down on a lot of noise .
msinger also makes money off of those links he's posted when folks click them. Don't think it was just because he is a 'good guy'.

msinger also makes money off of those links he's posted when folks click them. Don't think it was just because he is a 'good guy'.
blank stare.png
..don't have a speechless one
didn't know that !
I'm getting robbed :eek:

Its a good idea. Maybe I could create a forum that is locked to new threads, but I can move threads there that are helpful to new flyers. The forum would only have 15-20 threads, but they would be easy to find and link to. Also, a new flyer could read all of them before doing anything else.

I like all but the last line of your post. I don't think it's a good idea to "Make" them do this before cruising around and posting. 1 example is folks who have been reading the forum as guests for some time. When they join, it's for a reason and I don't think you want to make it annoying for them right off the bat.

Yes, Google may have more relevant results due to the fact that they rank based on clicks and time on page. So the questions most frequently asked will show up first rather than by time like ours.

When you say "rather than by time like ours" are you saying our search engine will show the most recent posts relevant to our query?

When you say "rather than by time like ours" are you saying our search engine will show the most recent posts relevant to our query?
I believe this to be true.

Another guy ruined 4 motors in FC40 today. May have been avoided if we had a sticky up there. :(

Is there a setting to see thread's title WHILE in that thread on a browser?
This is the only forum that I use that doesn't have it listed on top or bottom.
It's not an issue when using TapaTalk, only various browsers.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Is there a setting to see thread's title WHILE in that thread on a browser?
This is the only forum that I use that doesn't have it listed on top or bottom.
It's not an issue when using TapaTalk, only various browsers.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
I see the title at the top of mine.
Heres a screen shot... or did you mean something else?

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 1.53.54 AM☀️.png

I see the title at the top of mine.
Heres a screen shot... or did you mean something else?

View attachment 22811

I'm on IE 11 and I can't see it either. I have to look in the address window and that's pretty small because I expand to 150% so I can sit back in my recliner with my feets up. :D

I don't see what you see TJ.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl