PLEASE HELP! need .log file from P4 controller

Reaction score
Hi All. I am new to the forum and have a question regarding retrieving .log files from my P4 controller. I had an unfortunate accident where my P4 went into an auto-land mode shortly after take off, while hovering over a river. I was unable to RTH or cancel the auto land and it is now sleeping with the fishes.

I had updated my DJI app on my iphone which could have caused the issue...I'm not sure. My battery was at 80%+. If I was in an unauthorized area, I would assume that my drone would never take off, but it did.

Can someone please outline the steps to download the .log file from my controller which I will then provide to DJI?

thank you in advance! :)

The log files are on the device. Not the controller. I would upload that flight log to this link and let us take a look, before you even bother with DJI. Just to confirm what happened.
Go here and follow the instructions to uplad your file. Then place a link back here to the file and we can have a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

@angr0
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, that sucks. :eek:

Your flight is on your mobile device, you were using apple, your going need iTunes, your looking for .txt file, when I retrieve the file using a win 7 pc, I have to copy the whole folder to the pc, then find the correct file in the folder.

Then upload to the viewer, then copy paste the result url back here.

So Simple :rolleyes: ;)

Rod

If you are in doubt about the NFZ and you took off fine. You could have flown into a no-fly zone. In that case it would have landed. It's happened before to people on this form.

The log files are on the device. Not the controller. I would upload that flight log to this link and let us take a look, before you even bother with DJI. Just to confirm what happened.
Go here and follow the instructions to uplad your file. Then place a link back here to the file and we can have a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
Any idea why my flight logs are DAT instead of txt? Am I doing something wrong in getting them from my iPad?

Any idea why my flight logs are DAT instead of txt?
If you are flying a P4, they have both .txt and .dat on the device, but neither have as much detail as the .Dat from the AC.

If you are flying a P4, they have both .txt and .dat on the device, but neither have as much detail as the .Dat from the AC.
Im flying a P4P. I retrieved the logs as described under DJI Flight Log Viewer and all I see are the DAT files. Im trying to get the txt files so I can upload to airdata. I am so tech ignorant.

You are using iTunes? I don't know anything about the P4, @Fly Dawg, are the tablet files about the same size as the .txts, maybe he can post the .dat files here or on a cloud Drive.

Rod

You are using iTunes? I don't know anything about the P4, @Fly Dawg, are the tablet files about the same size as the .txts, maybe he can post the .dat files here or on a cloud Drive.

Rod
Correct on the itunes.

Hmmmm......I am fairly certain that the .txt logs are there unless you are flying a +P4. Then that could be another issue. Just personal opinion but this is why I avoid Apple Devices, yes they are great to fly with, but ITUNES is a pain in the gluteous maximus. I assume you are wanting to do this for your own personal records. Otherwise you could as @RodPad mentioned, upload the .dat files to a sharabele location and place a link back here for review. That would not serve much purpose for personal records however.

Yes, crApple, and iTurds. I have iPad Air2 and a iPhone7

Rod

LOL thanks for trying anyway....yes i am trying to maintain personal records.

So here I am officially an idiot and clicked flight logs not flight records. Did I mention I don't do technology well?

Been there, ;)

Rod

Reactions: Fly Dawg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic