Please help, need ACTUAL ANSWERS.

Reaction score
Out of box P3P. Yes everything is always calibrated perfectly. Updated.

Always get compass errors, ATTI mode activated blah blah...8 out of 9 flights In different fields.

Seems to be a HUGE problem with thousands of new P3Ps across the globe.

So far I've been able to bring her home safely each time manually or it goes back to gps after a minute.

Most people say they send out for repair but it comes back still defective or just happens a little less.

No one has any real answers.

It's only a matter of time she flies away.

If the cause is not due to launching from close to a lot of steel (like on reinforced concrete etc) and itis a hardware problem, then the cure is to send it in for fixing.
I doubt that most returned are still defective.

Reactions: Nickster
If the cause is not due to launching from close to a lot of steel (like on reinforced concrete etc) and itis a hardware problem, then the cure is to send it in for fixing.
I doubt that most returned are still defective.

I honestly don't understand why literally thousands and thousands of people, forums, chat rooms are FULL of this same issue and people are losing their Phantoms like crazy.

But all of the non-issue pilots and veterans think this is a tiny, no biggie issue. It's a HUGE ISSUE. I've been reading tons of forums and watching YouTube video after video of the same thing. Compass errors, enter ATTI mode... even in the middle of corn fields in Arkansas. No real answer. And DJI doesn't help. :(

I honestly don't understand why literally thousands and thousands of people, forums, chat rooms are FULL of this same issue and people are losing their Phantoms like crazy.
Almost all of the Phantoms reported lost here were lost due to pilot error.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I read a lot of forums and I think you are getting an incorrect perception about "literally thousands and thousands of people, forums, chat rooms are FULL of this same issue and people are losing their Phantoms like crazy".
People using language like that might make you think that's the situation ... but what's really happening is quite different.

This is 100% bunk.

The vast majority of people who come here with fly away stories are proven wrong. The experienced posters here send most whiners away with adjusted attitudes toward the brand that is DJI.

Reactions: k9time
I read a lot of forums and I think you are getting an incorrect perception about "literally thousands and thousands of people, forums, chat rooms are FULL of this same issue and people are losing their Phantoms like crazy".
People using language like that might make you think that's the situation ... but what's really happening is quite different.
Not to mention there's probably thousands of experienced pilots reading these same forums in the run up to Xmas knowing full well they're going to be full of posts from people that got one for Xmas, lost it or crashed it and now are going to be here blaming the tech/DJI when the reality is that most didn't bother to read the manual and think it's just a toy that they can fly without any preparation or studying whatsoever.

Heck, I lurked on the forums for 2 months before I bought mine and read the manuals at least 4x before I bought one, and even then owned it for a week before I launched it for the first time.

Reactions: m0rod

But all of the non-issue pilots and veterans think this is a tiny, no biggie issue. It's a HUGE ISSUE. I've been reading tons of forums and watching YouTube video after video of the same thing. Compass errors, enter ATTI mode... even in the middle of corn fields in Arkansas. No real answer. And DJI doesn't help. :(

I am sorry but I read many forums and have for years now
thousands and thousands are NOT losing phantoms period.

are you having issues and have others had issues with compass, yes
can it be fixed , yes
is every fix 100% , most likely not in anything.
have you tried to fix it?
have you tried anew compass just for fun?--$10.00 cost

not dismissing your issue at all ,
just saying it is not the end of the world and many hundreds or thousands are working fine.

Good luck and have fun flying!

Amazed by the reliability of my P3P....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj