Can’t fix gimbal motor overload! Please help!

I agree with @KachemakDiver the ribbon cable might be it. I vote for potentiometer though, to preserve healthy opposition :p.

Pots are easy to check - measure resistance on outer contacts, while slowly rotating it. If measured resistance does a quick sudden change at some point, the resistive path is broken.

Or if the resistance is above 20k all the time - then it's completely shattered inside.
Do you know a video showing how to check it, please?

Examining one of your pictures it looks to me you have 1 crooked screw and possible damaged the housing by screwing it in like that.
If so, I wouldn't advice you to change the ribbon cable yourself.
crooked screw 2.jpg
Anyway, the screw you are looking for is:
Countersink Flat Head Phillips Cross Screw
DIN 965 A-H A2 M2*5 mm

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Will do sir! I will order OEM cable to maximize the success rate.

Last resort is sending it to me. I only charge $15 to test/evaluate. I have a test drone AND test P3Adv cam, so I can test the gimbal separate from your main board and vice-versa. I also have many extra screws for free. In one of your photos it looked like the roll motor shaft, sticking thru the circuit board, (with the flat on it), was not horizontal to the roll bracket. May be the photo angle??? I have been repairing DJI cams for 9 years and have become intimately familiar with these buggers. Drop me a PM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers